2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Section 34:11-33.6 - Withholding of tax from salary or wages of employees subject to tax of other jurisdiction

NJ Rev Stat § 34:11-33.6 (2013) What's This?

34:11-33.6. Withholding of tax from salary or wages of employees subject to tax of other jurisdiction
Any person, firm, association, partnership or corporation employing 1 or more persons in this State who are residents of a foreign taxing jurisdiction which is a party to an agreement in force under section 3, hereof, may, for each pay period, deduct and withhold an amount, computed as hereinafter provided, from the salary or wages of an employee who resides in such jurisdiction and whose salary or wages are subject to the income or wage tax of such jurisdiction, for the purpose of crediting such amount on account of such income or wage tax due or to become due from such employee to such jurisdiction. Such amount shall be computed in such a manner as to result, so far as practicable, in withholding from the employee's salary or wages during each calendar year an amount substantially equivalent to the tax reasonably estimated to be or become due from such employee to such jurisdiction as taxes upon his wages or the income of his wages from such employer during such calendar year. Amounts so deducted and withheld shall be held as a trust fund for payment to such jurisdiction. The method of determining the amount to be deducted and withheld, and the time and manner of payment over to such jurisdiction, may be further prescribed by rules and regulations of the Division of Taxation. For each pay period during which any deduction or withholding is so made, the employer shall furnish to such jurisdiction a statement of the name, place of residence, amount of salary or wages earned by, and amount of salary or wages so deducted or withheld from, such employee.

L.1961, c. 10, p. 31, s. 6.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.