2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section 26:5C-8 - Disclosure of AIDS, HIV records, information
26:5C-8. Disclosure of AIDS, HIV records, information
a. The content of a record referred to in section 3 of this act may be disclosed in accordance with the prior written informed consent of the person who is the subject of the record or if the person is legally incompetent or deceased, in accordance with section 8 of this act.
b. If the prior written consent of the person who is the subject of the record is not obtained, the person's records shall be disclosed only under the following conditions:
(1) To qualified personnel for the purpose of conducting scientific research, but a record shall be released for research only following review of the research protocol by an Institutional Review Board constituted pursuant to federal regulation 45 C.F.R. s. 46.101 et seq. The person who is the subject of the record shall not be identified, directly or indirectly, in any report of the research and research personnel shall not disclose the person's identity in any manner.
(2) To qualified personnel for the purpose of conducting management audits, financial audits or program evaluation, but the personnel shall not identify, directly or indirectly, the person who is the subject of the record in a report of an audit or evaluation, or otherwise disclose the person's identity in any manner. Identifying information shall not be released to the personnel unless it is vital to the audit or evaluation.
(3) To qualified personnel involved in medical education or in the diagnosis and treatment of the person who is the subject of the record. Disclosure is limited to only personnel directly involved in medical education or in the diagnosis and treatment of the person.
(4) To the department as required by State or federal law.
(5) As permitted by rules and regulations adopted by the commissioner for the purposes of disease prevention and control.
(6) In all other instances authorized by State or federal law.
L.1989, c.303, s.4.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.