2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section 26:4-109 - Anchorage of vessels at Perth Amboy
26:4-109. Anchorage of vessels at Perth Amboy
The following vessels shall come to anchor at some place designated by the Perth Amboy port health officer for the purpose of inspection:
a. Every vessel which, between the first day of March and the first day of December in any year, or within any other time in any year designated by resolution of the state department, shall come into that portion of the waters of this state known as Raritan bay or Sandy Hook bay south of a straight line extending from Ward's point to the northerly extremity of Sandy Hook and comes from:
1. Any port in the United States south of Cape Henlopen;
2. Any West India, Bahama, or Bermuda island port; or
3. Any port or place where any communicable disease exists.
b. Every vessel which, at any time during the year, comes into the waters enumerated in paragraph "a" of this section on board of which:
1. Any person shall have died while at any port in the United States south of Cape Henlopen or at any foreign port, or while between any such port and Raritan bay or Sandy Hook bay;
2. There is any baggage, merchandise or materials by which any communicable disease may be introduced into this state; or
3. The Perth Amboy port health officer shall have reason to believe that any person may be sick with any communicable disease or that there may be any baggage, merchandise or materials by which any communicable disease may be introduced into this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.