2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section 26:2BB-8 - County Alliance Steering Subcommittee; functions and powers; review and revision of plan
26:2BB-8. County Alliance Steering Subcommittee; functions and powers; review and revision of plan
a. Each Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, established pursuant to section 4 of P.L.1983, c.531 (C.26:2B-33), shall establish a County Alliance Steering Subcommittee in conjunction with regulations adopted by the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse. The members of the subcommittee shall include, but not be limited to, private citizens and representatives of the:
(1) Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse;
(2) County Human Services Advisory Council;
(3) County Superintendent of Schools;
(4) Existing county council on alcoholism, if any;
(5) County Prosecutor's office;
(6) Family part of the Chancery Division of the Superior Court;
(7) Youth Services Commission;
(8) County School Board Association;
(9) County health agency;
(10) County mental health agency;
(11) Local businesses;
(12) County affiliate of the New Jersey Education Association; and
(13) Other service providers.
b. The functions of the County Alliance Steering Subcommittee shall include:
(1) Development and submission of a County Annual Alliance Plan for the expenditure of funds derived from the "Drug Enforcement and Demand Reduction Fund," N.J.S. 2C:35-15;
(2) Development of programs and fiscal guidelines consistent with directives of the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse for the awarding of funds to counties and municipalities for drug and alcohol Alliance activities;
(3) Identification of a network of community leadership for the expansion, replication and development of successful community model programs throughout the county; and
(4) Coordination of projects among and within municipalities to assure cost effectiveness and avoid fragmentation and duplication.
c. The County Alliance Steering Subcommittee shall ensure that the funds dedicated to education pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1983, c.531 (C.54:32C-3.1) do not duplicate the Alliance effort.
d. The Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse shall review and approve the County Annual Alliance Plan and submit this plan by July 1 of each year to the Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in the Department of Health and to the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
e. After the County Annual Alliance Plan is returned by the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse with the council's proposed recommendations for awarding the Alliance grants, pursuant to subsection c. of section 4 of this amendatory and supplementary act, the committee, in conjunction with the council, may revise its plan in accordance with the council's proposed recommendations.
The revised plan shall be completed in such time that it can be included in the council's recommendations to the Governor and the Legislature that are due on December 1 of each year.
L. 1989, c. 51, s. 8.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.