2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Section 26:2B-34 - Allotment formula.

NJ Rev Stat § 26:2B-34 (2013) What's This?

26:2B-34 Allotment formula.
a.Allotments to each county whose annual comprehensive plan is approved pursuant to the provisions of section 4 of this act shall be made on the basis of the following formula:

County Allotment = Population of County x Total Funds Appropriated
Population of State

( Per Capita Income of State (3 yr. average)
x ( .5 x -----------------------------------------------------
( Per Capita Income of County (3 yr. average)

Need in County )
+ .5 x ----------------- )
Need in State )

in which Need in County and Need in State are estimates of the prevalence of alcoholism according to the current New Jersey Behavioral Health Services Plan. The funds dedicated for the provision of educational programs from the Alcohol Education, Rehabilitation and Enforcement Fund shall be allocated to the counties on the basis of this formula.

b.As a condition for receiving the allotment calculated in subsection a. of this section, a county shall contribute a sum not less than 25% of that county's allotment to fund community services for alcoholics pursuant to the county's annual comprehensive plan. Those alcoholism education, prevention and treatment programs already existing in a county may be combined under the county plan which establishes the annual comprehensive plan to be approved by the Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in the Department of Health. In determining the sum of money to be contributed by each county, the required 25% minimum county contribution may include any moneys currently appropriated by the county to meet the needs of the alcoholism programs.

L.1983,c.531,s.5; amended 1989,c.51,s.15; 1990,c.41,s.6.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.