2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Section 18A:66-96 - Forming corporation to provide and obtain fund

NJ Rev Stat § 18A:66-96 (2013) What's This?

18A:66-96. Forming corporation to provide and obtain fund
For the purpose of forming such a corporation the county superintendent of schools in each county of the first class shall notify in writing each and every employee of the several boards of education of the school districts in his county, except such as are entitled to benefits under another pension law which may have been enacted prior to April 16, 1929, for the benefit of employees of boards of education, to attend a meeting to be held not less than five days after the giving of the notice, to consider the formation of a corporation in accordance with this article. The notice shall specify the time and place of the meeting of such employees.

If two thirds of the employees present at the meeting adopt a resolution to form the corporation, they shall choose a name for the corporation, and organize by electing four of such employees who, together with the county superintendent as a member ex officio, shall constitute a board of trustees.

The first trustees shall prepare and sign a certificate reciting the adoption of the resolution by the employees, the name adopted, the election of trustees, the organization, the names of officers, and the execution of the certificate, for the purpose of forming a corporation under this article. The certificate shall be recorded in the office of the clerk of the county wherein the corporation is organized, and shall then be filed in the office of the commissioner of banking and insurance. Thereupon such trustees, their associates and successors, shall become a body politic and corporate with all the power incident thereto.

L.1967, c.271.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.