2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 14A - CORPORATIONS, GENERAL
Section 14A:7-4 - Consideration for shares
14A:7-4. Consideration for shares
(1) Subject to any restriction contained in the certificate of incorporation, shares may be issued for such consideration as shall be fixed from time to time by the board or as shall be determined in accordance with a general formula or at not less than such minimum consideration as the board shall authorize.
(2) The shareholders may reserve in the certificate of incorporation the right to fix the consideration to be received for shares. If such right is reserved as to any shares, the shareholders shall either fix the consideration to be received for such shares or authorize the board to fix such consideration.
(3) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(4) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(5) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(6) A good faith judgment of the board of directors or the shareholders, as the case may be, as to the value of the consideration is conclusive.
L.1968, c.350; amended 1988,c.94,s.36.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.