2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 14A - CORPORATIONS, GENERAL
Section 14A:7-15 - Authority to pay dividends
14A:7-15. Authority to pay dividends
(1) Subject to any restrictions contained in the certificate of incorporation and to the provisions of section 14A:7-14.1, a corporation may, from time to time, by resolution of its board, pay dividends on its shares in cash, in its own shares, in its bonds or in other property, including the shares or bonds of other corporations.
(2) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(3) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(4) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
(5) Unless the certificate of incorporation otherwise provides, a dividend may be paid in shares having a preference in the assets of the corporation upon liquidation, whether or not the net assets at the time of the share dividend are less than the aggregate amount of such prior and newly created preferences.
(6) (Deleted by amendment, P.L. 1988, c. 94.)
L.1968, c.350; amended 1988,c.94,s.45.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.