2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 14A - CORPORATIONS, GENERAL
Section 14A:5-25 - Selection of inspectors
14A:5-25. Selection of inspectors
(1) Unless the by-laws otherwise provide, the board may, in advance of any shareholders' meeting, or of the tabulation of written consents of shareholders without a meeting, appoint one or more inspectors to act at the meeting or any adjournment thereof or to tabulate such consents and make a written report thereof.
(2) If inspectors to act at any meeting of shareholders are not so appointed by the board or as otherwise provided in the by-laws or shall fail to qualify, the person presiding at a shareholders' meeting may, and on the request of any shareholder entitled to vote thereat, shall, make such appointment.
(3) In case any person appointed as inspector fails to appear or act, the vacancy may be filled by appointment made by the board in advance of the meeting or at the meeting by the person presiding at the meeting.
(4) If the by-laws require inspectors at any shareholders' meeting, such requirement is waived unless compliance therewith is requested by a shareholder entitled to vote at such meeting.
(5) Each inspector, before entering upon the discharge of his duties, shall take and sign an oath faithfully to execute the duties of inspector with strict impartiality and according to the best of his ability.
(6) No person shall be elected a director in an election for which he has served as an inspector.
L.1968, c.350; amended by L.1973, c. 366, s. 18, eff. May 1, 1974.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.