2009 New Jersey Code
34:15-120.23 - Assignment of rights to association 

34:15-120.23.  Assignment of rights to association 
    9.  a.  Any person who recovers from the association under this act shall be deemed to have assigned his rights to the association to the extent of that recovery.  Every claimant seeking the protection of this act shall cooperate with the association to the same extent as that person would have been required to cooperate with the insolvent member.  The association shall have no cause of action against the employee of the insolvent member for any sums the association has paid out, except those causes of action which the insolvent member would have had if the sums had been paid by the insolvent member.  In the case of an insolvent member operating with assessment liability, payments of claims by the association shall not operate to reduce the liability of the insolvent member to the receiver, liquidator, or statutory successor for unpaid assessments. 

   b.   The receiver, liquidator, or statutory successor of an insolvent member shall be bound by settlements of covered claims by the association or a similar organization in another state.  The court having jurisdiction shall grant those claims priority against the assets of the insolvent member equal to that to which the claimant would have been entitled in the absence of this act.  The expense of the association or similar organization in handling claims shall be accorded the same priority as the expenses of the liquidator.

   c.   The association shall file periodically with the receiver or liquidator of the insolvent member statements of the covered claims paid by the association and estimates of anticipated claims on the association, which shall preserve the rights of the association against the assets of the insolvent member. 


Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.