2018 New Hampshire Revised Statutes
Title XXVII - Corporations, Associations, and Proprietors of Common Lands
Chapter 292 - Voluntary Corporations and Associations
Section 292:8-h - Granting of Degrees.

Universal Citation: NH Rev Stat § 292:8-h (2018)
    292:8-h Granting of Degrees. –
I. This section shall apply to all educational institutions within the state granting degrees or seeking to do so, except the following:
(a) Any institution now granting degrees which has been in continuous operation since before 1775;
(b) [Repealed.]
(c) Institutions of the university system of New Hampshire pursuant to RSA 187-A and institutions of the community college system of New Hampshire pursuant to RSA 188-F.
II. No educational institution shall grant degrees unless authorized by name to do so by an act of the legislature.
III. The commission shall specify the degrees an institution may grant, and the commission may renew, for a set term of years, degree granting authority. The commission shall report its activity by January 31 of each odd-numbered year to both the house and senate standing committees on education.
IV. Any out-of-state institution of higher learning planning to establish a branch campus or offer courses, programs, or degrees in this state, shall apply to the commission for evaluation and approval of its plans. If such plans are not approved or if approval is withdrawn by the commission, all operations and publicity of the out-of-state institution shall cease without delay.

Source. 1965, 44:1. 1971, 540:3. 1973, 533:11. 1981, 574:1. 1983, 239:10. 2011, 224:145. 2013, 164:3, eff. June 28, 2013.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Hampshire may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.