2018 New Hampshire Revised Statutes
Title XXVII - Corporations, Associations, and Proprietors of Common Lands
Chapter 292 - Voluntary Corporations and Associations
Section 292:7 - Change of Name; Amending Articles.

Universal Citation: NH Rev Stat § 292:7 (2018)
    292:7 Change of Name; Amending Articles. – Any corporation now or hereafter organized or registered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter, and any existing corporation which may have been so organized or registered, may change its name, increase or decrease its capital stock or membership certificates, merge with or acquire any other corporation formed pursuant to this chapter, or amend its articles of agreement, by a majority vote of such corporation's board of directors or trustees, at a meeting duly called for that purpose, and by recording a certified copy of such vote in the office of the secretary of state and in the office of the clerk of the town or city in this state which is its principal place of business. In the case of a foreign nonprofit corporation registered in New Hampshire, a copy of the amendment or plan of merger, certified by the proper officer of the state of incorporation, shall be filed with the secretary of state, together with the fee provided in RSA 292:5. The surviving corporation in a merger shall continue to have all the authority and powers vested in the merging corporations, including any powers previously conferred upon them by the legislature.

Source. 1895, 1:2. 1897, 49:1. PL 223:6. 1931, 69:1. RL 272:6. RSA 292:7. 1971, 73:2. 1983, 112:11. 1988, 93:5. 1991, 261:7, eff. Jan. 1, 1992.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Hampshire may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.