2017 New Hampshire Revised Statutes
Section 564-C:5-502 - Disbursements From Principal.

    564-C:5-502 Disbursements From Principal. –
       (a) A trustee shall make the following disbursements from principal:
          (1) Such of the disbursements described in paragraph (a) of RSA 564-C:5-501 as are not charged to income;
          (2) all of the trustee's compensation calculated on principal as a fee for acceptance, distribution, or termination, and disbursements made to prepare property for sale;
          (3) payments on the principal of a trust debt;
          (4) expenses of a proceeding that concerns primarily principal, including a proceeding to construe the trust or to protect the trust or its property;
          (5) premiums paid on a policy of insurance not described in RSA 564-C:5-501(4) of which the trust is the owner and beneficiary;
          (6) estate, inheritance, and other transfer taxes, including penalties, apportioned to the trust; and
          (7) disbursements related to environmental matters, including reclamation, assessing environmental conditions, remedying and removing environmental contamination, monitoring remedial activities and the release of substances, preventing future releases of substances, collecting amounts from persons liable or potentially liable for the costs of those activities, penalties imposed under environmental laws or regulations and other payments made to comply with those laws or regulations, statutory or common law claims by third parties, and defending claims based on environmental matters.
       (b) If a principal asset is encumbered with an obligation that requires income from that asset to be paid directly to the creditor, the trustee shall transfer from principal to income an amount equal to the income paid to the creditor in reduction of the principal balance of the obligation.

Source. 2006, 320:68, eff. Aug. 19, 2006. 2008, 374:23, eff. Sept. 9, 2008.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Hampshire may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.