2015 New Hampshire Revised Statutes
Section 356-A:14 - Judicial Review.

NH Rev Stat § 356-A:14 (2015) What's This?

    356-A:14 Judicial Review. –
    I. Any person aggrieved by a decision or action of the attorney general may, by petition, appeal from said decision or action to the superior court for review. The superior court may affirm, reverse, or modify the decision or action of the attorney general as justice may require.
    II. The filing of the petition does not itself stay enforcement of the attorney general's decision. The attorney general may grant, or the superior court may order, a stay upon appropriate terms.
    III. Within 30 days after the service of the petition, or within further time allowed by the court, the attorney general shall transmit to the superior court the original or a certified copy of the entire record of the proceeding under review. By stipulation of all parties to the review proceedings, the record may be shortened. A party unreasonably refusing to stipulate to limit the record may be taxed by the court for the additional costs. The court may require or permit subsequent corrections or additions to the record.
    IV. If, before the date set for a court hearing, application is made to the court for leave to present additional evidence, and it is shown to the satisfaction of the court that the additional evidence is material and that there were good reasons for failure to present it in the proceeding before the attorney general, the court may order that the additional evidence be taken before the attorney general upon conditions determined by the court. The attorney general may modify his findings and decision by reason of the additional evidence and shall file that evidence and any modifications, new findings, or decisions with the superior court.

Source. 1970, 55:1. 1977, 469:27. 1985, 300:7, I(b).

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Hampshire may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.