2015 New Hampshire Revised Statutes
Section 541-B:1 - Definitions.

NH Rev Stat § 541-B:1 (2015) What's This?

    541-B:1 Definitions. – In this chapter:
    I. "Agency'' means all departments, boards, offices, commissions, institutions, other instrumentalities of state government, including but not limited to the Pease development authority, division of ports and harbors, the New Hampshire housing finance authority, the New Hampshire energy authority, the community college system of New Hampshire, and the Pease development authority, and the general court, including any official or employee of same when acting in the scope of his or her elected or appointed capacity, but excluding political subdivisions of the state.
    II. "Board'' means the board of claims established by RSA 541-B:2.
    II-a. "Claim'' means any request for monetary relief for either:
       (a) Bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damages caused by the failure of the state or state officers, trustees, officials, employees, or members of the general court to follow the appropriate standard of care when that duty was owed to the person making the claim, including any right of action for money damages which either expressly or by implication arises from any law, unless another remedy for such claim is expressly provided by law; or
       (b) Property damages suffered by a state employee or official during the performance of that employee's or official's duties while on state business where compensation is appropriate under principles of equity and good conscience.
    III. "Claimant'' means any person who files a claim pursuant to this chapter.
    IV. [Repealed.]
    V. "Person'' means any individual, partnership, association, corporation or political subdivision.
    VI. "Political subdivision'' means any village district, school district, town, city, county or unincorporated place in the state.

Source. 1977, 595:2. 1985, 412:4, 5, 15, I. 1988, 36:1. 1990, 161:3. 2001, 290:17, eff. July 1, 2001. 2007, 361:31, eff. July 17, 2007.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Hampshire may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.