2021 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 293 - Elections
NRS 293.267 - Ballot for general election: Form; names of candidates to be grouped alphabetically; exception; indication of party name, "no political party" or "nonpartisan" or abbreviations thereof; order of appearance of certain statewide measures.
1. Ballots for a general election must contain the names of candidates who were nominated at the primary election, the names of the candidates of a minor political party and the names of independent candidates.
2. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 293.2565, names of candidates must be grouped alphabetically under the title and length of term of the office for which those candidates filed.
3. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4:
(a) Immediately following the name of each candidate for a partisan office must appear the name or abbreviation of his or her political party, the words "no political party" or the abbreviation "NPP," as the case may be.
(b) Immediately following the name of each candidate for a nonpartisan office must appear the word "nonpartisan" or the abbreviation "NP."
4. Where a system of voting other than by paper ballot is used, the Secretary of State may provide for any placement of the name or abbreviation of the political party, the words "no political party" or "nonpartisan" or the abbreviation "NPP" or "NP," as appropriate, which clearly relates the designation to the name of the candidate to whom it applies.
5. If the Legislature rejects a statewide measure proposed by initiative and proposes a different measure on the same subject which the Governor approves, the measure proposed by the Legislature and approved by the Governor must be listed on the ballot before the statewide measure proposed by initiative. Each ballot and sample ballot upon which the measures appear must contain a statement that reads substantially as follows:
The following questions are alternative approaches to the same issue, and only one approach may be enacted into law. Please vote for only one.
(Added to NRS by 1960, 251; A 1963, 1389; 1965, 653; 1967, 847; 1969, 137; 1979, 265; 1987, 339; 1989, 2165; 1997, 3454; 2003, 1718; 2011, 3069; 2015, 3150)