2020 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 484B - Rules of the Road
NRS 484B.280 - Duties of driver of motor vehicle to pedestrian; additional penalty if driver is proximate cause of collision with pedestrian or if violation committed in pedestrian safety zone.
1. A driver of a motor vehicle shall:
(a) Exercise due care to avoid a collision with a pedestrian;
(b) Give an audible warning with the horn of the vehicle if appropriate and when necessary to avoid such a collision; and
(c) Exercise proper caution upon observing a pedestrian:
(1) On or near a highway, street or road;
(2) At or near a bus stop or bench, shelter or transit stop for passengers of public mass transportation or in the act of boarding a bus or other public transportation vehicle; or
(3) In or near a school zone or a school crossing zone marked in accordance with NRS 484B.363 or a marked or unmarked crosswalk.
2. If, while violating any provision of this section, the driver of a motor vehicle is the proximate cause of a collision with a pedestrian, the driver is subject to the additional penalty set forth in subsection 4 of NRS 484B.653.
3. A person who violates any provision of subsection 1 may be subject to the additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1997, 739; A 2011, 1634; 2015, 1566) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.3245)