2017 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 442 - Maternal and Child Health; Abortion
NRS 442.250 - Conditions under which abortion permitted. [ NRS 442.250
1. No abortion may be performed in this state unless the abortion is performed:
(a) By a physician licensed to practice in this state or by a physician in the employ of the government of the United States who:
(1) Exercises his or her best clinical judgment in the light of all attendant circumstances including the accepted professional standards of medical practice in determining whether to perform an abortion; and
(2) Performs the abortion in a manner consistent with accepted medical practices and procedures in the community.
(b) Within 24 weeks after the commencement of the pregnancy.
(c) After the 24th week of pregnancy only if the physician has reasonable cause to believe that an abortion currently is necessary to preserve the life or health of the pregnant woman.
2. All abortions performed after the 24th week of pregnancy or performed when, in the judgment of the attending physician, there is a reasonable likelihood of the sustained survival of the fetus outside of the womb by natural or artificial supportive systems must be performed in a hospital licensed under chapter 449 of NRS.
3. Before performing an abortion pursuant to subsection 2, the attending physician shall enter in the permanent records of the patient the facts on which the physician based his or her best clinical judgment that there is a substantial risk that continuance of the pregnancy would endanger the life of the patient or would gravely impair the physical or mental health of the patient.
(Added to NRS by 1973, 1637; A 1975, 367; 1977, 961; 1981, 1164; 1985, 2307)