2017 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 217 - Aid to Certain Victims of Crime
NRS 217.007 - Right of victim to receive proceeds from material based upon or related to crime; limitation on liability.
1. A victim may commence any action specified in NRS 11.190, 11.215 or 207.470 which arises from the commission of a felony, against the person who committed the felony within 5 years after the time the person who committed the felony becomes legally entitled to receive proceeds for any contribution to any material that is based upon or substantially related to the felony which was perpetrated against the victim.
2. If the limitation period established in NRS 11.190, 11.215 or 207.520 has otherwise expired, the liability of the person committing the felony to a victim imposed under this section must be limited to the value of the proceeds received by the person who committed the felony for any contribution to material that is based upon or substantially related to the felony which was perpetrated against the victim.
3. For purposes of this section:
(a) “Material” means a book, magazine or newspaper article, movie, film, videotape, sound recording, interview or appearance on a television or radio station and live presentations of any kind.
(b) “Proceeds” includes money, royalties, real property and any other consideration.
(c) “Victim” means any person:
(1) Against whom a crime has been committed;
(2) Who has been injured or killed as a direct result of the commission of a crime; or
(3) Who is the surviving spouse, a parent or a child of such a person.
(Added to NRS by 1993, 453)