2017 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 200 - Crimes Against the Person
NRS 200.465 - Assuming rights of ownership over another person; purchase or sale of person; penalty.
1. Assumes or attempts to assume rights of ownership over another person;
2. Sells or attempts to sell a person to another;
3. Receives money or anything of value in consideration of placing a person in the custody or under the control of another;
4. Buys or attempts to buy a person;
5. Except as otherwise provided in chapter 127 of NRS, pays money or delivers anything of value to another in consideration of having a person placed in his or her custody or under his or her power or control; or
6. Knowingly aids or assists in any manner a person who violates any provision of this section,
↪ is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 5 years and a maximum term of not more than 20 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $50,000.
(Added to NRS by 1989, 1186; A 1995, 1190; 2005, 88)