2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 488 - Watercraft
- NRS 488.015 - Short title.
- NRS 488.025 - Declaration of policy.
- NRS 488.035 - Definitions.
- NRS 488.045 - Regulations of Board of Wildlife Commissioners: Adoption.
- NRS 488.055 - Regulations of Board of Wildlife Commissioners: Filing and publication.
- NRS 488.059 - Applicability; local regulation.
OWNERSHIP, REGISTRATION AND NUMBERING
- NRS 488.065 - Operation of unnumbered or uncertified motorboat prohibited.
- NRS 488.075 - Number, certificate of number and certificate of ownership: Application; issuance; fees; location of number on boat.
- NRS 488.078 - Department to submit certain information to Division of Welfare and Supportive Services. [Effective until the date of the repeal of 42 U.S.C. § 666, the federal law requiring each state to establish procedures for withholding, suspending and restricting the professional, occupational and recreational licenses for child support arrearages and for noncompliance with certain processes relating to paternity or child support proceedings.]
- NRS 488.085 - Recordation in this State of number previously awarded pursuant to federally approved numbering system of another state.
- NRS 488.105 - Conformity of state numbering system with federal system.
- NRS 488.115 - Awarding of certificates of number; authorization of agents; retention of fee by agent; public records.
- NRS 488.125 - Certificates of number effective for 1 year; renewal.
- NRS 488.135 - Department to fix date on which certificates of number lapse.
- NRS 488.145 - Destruction or abandonment of motorboat: Owner to furnish notice to Department; termination of certificate of number.
- NRS 488.155 - Change of address of holder of certificate of number or ownership: Holder to notify Department and furnish new address; surrender and replacement or alteration of inaccurate certificates.
- NRS 488.165 - Display of unauthorized number or decal prohibited.
- NRS 488.171 - Hull numbers: Prohibited acts; assignment to handmade vessels; penalty.
- NRS 488.175 - Exemption from requirements for numbering and titling; issuance of exempt numbers.
- NRS 488.1793 - Requirements for transfer of ownership or interest in certain motorboats; exceptions.
- NRS 488.1794 - Certificate of ownership in beneficiary form: Application; issuance to tenant in common prohibited; contents; effect; revocation; encumbrances; duties of Department; transfer upon death not testamentary.
- NRS 488.1795 - Transferee to file certificates, pay fee and apply for new certificates.
- NRS 488.1797 - Requirements for issuance of certificate of ownership.
- NRS 488.1801 - Owner of motorboat to notify Department of sale or transfer of title or interest; exception; information to be furnished.
- NRS 488.1803 - Dealer’s report of sale, lease or other transfer; exception.
- NRS 488.1805 - Interest of registered owner not affected by assignment by legal owner.
- NRS 488.1807 - Endorsement of certificate upon transfer of title or interest of legal owner; exception.
- NRS 488.181 - Endorsement of certificate on transfer by registered owner.
- NRS 488.1813 - Issuance of duplicate certificate on loss, destruction or mutilation of original.
- NRS 488.1815 - Failure to endorse or deliver certificate to transferee unlawful.
- NRS 488.1817 - New certificate not required on substitution of security interest between same parties; time limit.
- NRS 488.182 - Transfer of ownership not required on pledge of security interest.
- NRS 488.1823 - Procedure for perfection of security interest.
- NRS 488.1825 - Method prescribed for perfecting security interest is exclusive.
- NRS 488.1826 - Suspension of certificate of number or validation decal for failure to pay child support or comply with certain subpoenas or warrants; reinstatement of certificate of number or validation decal. [Effective until the date of the repeal of 42 U.S.C. § 666, the federal law requiring each state to establish procedures for withholding, suspending and restricting the professional, occupational and recreational licenses for child support arrearages and for noncompliance with certain processes relating to paternity or child support proceedings.]
- NRS 488.1827 - Suspension or revocation of certificate or number if fraudulently obtained or fee was unpaid.
- NRS 488.185 - Classification of motorboats.
- NRS 488.187 - Lights.
- NRS 488.193 - Personal flotation devices; fire extinguishers; flame arrestors; ventilation of bilges; modification of requirements.
- NRS 488.195 - Muffling devices.
- NRS 488.197 - Sirens.
- NRS 488.257 - “Mooring buoy” defined; requirements for colors and lights.
- NRS 488.259 - Mooring buoy: Permit required; exception; permit for placement in navigable waters.
- NRS 488.261 - Mooring buoy: Permit for placement in nonnavigable waters; permit for temporary placement; regulations and enforcement.
- NRS 488.263 - Permit not required for temporary mooring buoy.
- NRS 488.265 - Anchoring or mooring vessel which obstructs passageway prohibited; exceptions.
- NRS 488.285 - Mooring to buoy or navigational aid prohibited; interference with buoy or navigational aid without written authorization prohibited; exception; penalties.
- NRS 488.291 - Abandonment prohibited; evidence of responsibility for abandonment; removal of vessel from public waterway.
- NRS 488.293 - Authority of peace officer to identify registered owner of vessel abandoned on private property; peace officer to notify Department of removal of abandoned vessel; law enforcement agency to notify owner or holder of security interest regarding location of and procedure for claiming vessel; waiver of interest in vessel; transfer of ownership to law enforcement agency.
REGATTAS AND RACES
- NRS 488.305 - Authority of Department to authorize events; regulations concerning safety; application for permission; reimbursement of Department; contents of application; compliance with federal law.
- NRS 488.310 - Display of diver’s flag required; operation of vessel within 100 feet of flag prohibited; operation of vessel within 200 feet of flag limited; exception for emergencies.
DISPOSAL OF WASTE
- NRS 488.320 - Use of approved marine sanitation device required; unlawful to discharge sewage; regulations; penalties.
Operating Under Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or Controlled or Prohibited Substance
- NRS 488.400 - Operation of vessel or manipulation of water skis or surfboard recklessly or while intoxicated or under influence of controlled substance prohibited.
- NRS 488.405 - “Concentration of alcohol of 0.08 or more in his or her blood or breath” defined. [Effective until the date of the repeal of the federal law requiring each state to make it unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or greater as a condition to receiving federal funding for the construction of highways in this State.]
- NRS 488.410 - Unlawful acts; penalty. [Effective until the date of the repeal of the federal law requiring each state to make it unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or greater as a condition to receiving federal funding for the construction of highways in this State.]
- NRS 488.420 - Penalty if death or substantial bodily harm results; exception; segregation of offender; plea bargaining prohibited; affirmative defense; aggravating factor. [Effective until the date of the repeal of the federal law requiring each state to make it unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or greater as a condition to receiving federal funding for the construction of highways in this State.]
- NRS 488.425 - Homicide by vessel: Penalty; segregation of offender; plea bargaining prohibited; affirmative defense; aggravating factor. [Effective until the date of the repeal of the federal law requiring each state to make it unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or greater as a condition to receiving federal funding for the construction of highways in this State.]
- NRS 488.427 - Penalty for second or subsequent felony; exception; segregation of offender; plea bargaining prohibited; aggravating factor.
- NRS 488.430 - Evaluation of certain offenders before sentencing.
- NRS 488.440 - Fee for chemical analysis.
- NRS 488.450 - Implied consent to preliminary test of breath; failure to submit to test; use of results of test.
- NRS 488.460 - Implied consent to evidentiary test; exemption from blood test; choice of test; circumstances in which peace officer may direct person to submit to blood test; restrictions on requiring urine test; failure to submit to test.
- NRS 488.470 - Requirements for evidentiary test of breath to determine concentration of alcohol in breath; use of reasonable force to obtain sample or conduct test.
- NRS 488.480 - Admissibility of evidence of failure to submit to evidentiary test and results of test; availability of results of test; presumption of accuracy and reliability of testing device; judicial notice of certification of operator of testing device; other evidence not precluded.
- NRS 488.490 - Opportunity of arrested person to choose qualified person to administer test; substitution of test prohibited.
- NRS 488.500 - Admissibility of results of blood test in criminal action; immunity from liability for person administering blood test in certain circumstances.
- NRS 488.510 - Presumption that solution or gas used to calibrate or verify calibration of device for testing breath is properly prepared.
- NRS 488.520 - Analysis of blood of deceased victim of accident involving vessel to determine presence and concentration of alcohol.
Aquatic Invasive Species
- NRS 488.530 - Unlawful acts; inspections; authority of peace officers.
- NRS 488.533 - Impoundment or quarantine.
- NRS 488.536 - Fees; decal; exceptions.
- NRS 488.540 - Commission may establish and maintain pilot rules; operator to maintain proper lookout; operation of vessel without required equipment prohibited.
- NRS 488.550 - Collisions, accidents and other casualties.
- NRS 488.560 - Transmittal of information regarding collision or accident to federal agency.
- NRS 488.570 - Operation of vessel towing person on water skis, surfboard, inflatable device or similar device; operation of vessel within 100 feet of person being towed.
- NRS 488.575 - Wearing of personal flotation device by passenger younger than 13 years of age: Duty of person who operates, owns or controls vessel; exceptions.
- NRS 488.580 - Operation of personal watercraft.
- NRS 488.585 - Operation of motorboat in excess of certain speed prohibited unless engine cut-off switch is present, connected and operating properly; attachment of engine cut-off switch link.
- NRS 488.590 - Overloading vessel prohibited.
- NRS 488.600 - Unlawful operation of vessel: Reduced speed required in certain areas.
- NRS 488.610 - Unlawful operation of vessel in restricted area; designation and marking of restricted areas.
- NRS 488.620 - Operation of vessel in area marked for bathing, wading, diving, floating or swimming.
- NRS 488.630 - Operation of vessel in unsafe condition; penalties.
OPERATION OF MOTORBOATS ON INTERSTATE WATERS; INSTRUCTION IN SAFE BOATING
- NRS 488.730 - Operation of certain motorboats on interstate waters of State by persons born on or after January 1, 1983: Requirements; presentation to peace officer of certain documentation; duties of certain persons engaged in business of renting or leasing motorboats.
- NRS 488.740 - Department to certify persons to provide instruction in safe boating; powers and duties of Department concerning courses in safe boating.
- NRS 488.750 - Persons born on or after January 1, 1983, to submit to Department certification of completion of course or passage of proficiency examination in safe boating; database of certificates.
- NRS 488.900 - Enforcement by game wardens and other peace officers; inspection of vessel.
- NRS 488.910 - Seizure of vessel to preserve evidence of crime; payment of storage fees.
- NRS 488.915 - Seizure of vessel by peace officer: Criteria; duties of law enforcement agency.
- NRS 488.920 - Citation; taking person before magistrate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.