2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 207 - Miscellaneous Crimes
NRS 207.297 - Discrimination: Definitions.
As used in NRS 207.300 and 207.310:
1. “Disability” means, with respect to a person:
(a) A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the person;
(b) A record of such an impairment; or
(c) Being regarded as having such an impairment.
2. “Familial status” means the fact that a person:
(a) Lives with a child under the age of 18 and has:
(1) Lawful custody of the child; or
(2) Written permission to live with the child from the person who has lawful custody of the child;
(b) Is pregnant; or
(c) Has begun a proceeding to adopt or otherwise obtain lawful custody of a child.
3. “Sexual orientation” means having or being perceived as having an orientation for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality.
(Added to NRS by 1991, 1981; A 1995, 1988; 2011, 870; 2013, 65)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.