2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 202 - Crimes Against Public Health and Safety
- NRS 202.015 - “Alcoholic beverage” defined.
- NRS 202.020 - Purchase, consumption or possession of alcoholic beverage by minor.
- NRS 202.030 - Minor loitering in place where alcoholic beverages sold.
- NRS 202.040 - False representation by minor to obtain intoxicating liquor.
- NRS 202.055 - Sale or furnishing of alcoholic beverage to minor; aiding minor to purchase or procure alcoholic beverage; policy to prevent minor from obtaining alcoholic beverage through use of Internet.
- NRS 202.057 - Using person who is less than 18 years of age to distribute material that includes offer for alcoholic beverages.
- NRS 202.060 - Saloonkeeper allowing minor to remain in establishment.
- NRS 202.065 - Sale of alcoholic beverage containing more than 80 percent of alcohol by volume.
- NRS 202.067 - Sale, offer for sale, purchase, possession or use of alcohol vaporizing device; use of brand name of alcoholic beverage in advertisement or promotion of alcohol vaporizing device.
MISCELLANEOUS CRIMES CONCERNING PUBLIC HEALTH
- NRS 202.170 - Willfully poisoning or adulterating food, water or medicine.
- NRS 202.180 - Deposit of unwholesome substance; carrying on business detrimental to public health on or near route of public travel; deposit of dead body of animal; burning stolen metallic wire.
- NRS 202.185 - Unlawful deposit of dead animal, dirt, garbage or rubbish on public highway.
- NRS 202.200 - Advertising goods and services to produce miscarriage.
- NRS 202.210 - Publishing advertisement containing prohibited matter.
- NRS 202.220 - Circulation of publications containing prohibited matter.
- NRS 202.230 - NRS 202.200
- NRS 202.240 - Advertising treatment, cure or prevention of sexual disorders.
- NRS 202.245 - Shoe-fitting device or machine using X-ray or radiation.
- NRS 202.246 - Dispensing of prescription glasses by unauthorized person.
- NRS 202.248 - Use or sale of liquid silicone.
Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- NRS 202.2483 - Smoking tobacco: Prohibited in certain areas; voluntary creation of nonsmoking areas; local regulation; posting signs; removal of paraphernalia; enforcement; retaliation prohibited.
Provisions Enacted Before Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- NRS 202.2485 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.249 - Smoking tobacco: Declaration of public policy; enforcement; imposition of more stringent restrictions.
- NRS 202.2491 - Smoking tobacco: Unlawful in certain public places; posting signs; designation of areas for smoking.
- NRS 202.24915 - Smoking tobacco: Allowed under certain circumstances in certain stores that are principally devoted to sale of food for human consumption off premises.
- NRS 202.2492 - Smoking tobacco: Penalty; issuance of citations.
- NRS 202.24925 - Smoking tobacco: Civil penalty; Account for Health Education for Minors created; administration of Account.
- NRS 202.2493 - Cigarettes and smokeless products made or derived from tobacco to be sold in unopened package only; sale and distribution of cigarettes and other tobacco products to minor prohibited; owner of retail establishment required to display notice concerning prohibition against sale of tobacco products to minors; sale of cigarettes by retailer through use of certain displays prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.24935 - Sale and distribution of cigarettes and other tobacco products to minor through use of Internet prohibited; penalties; policy to prevent minor from obtaining tobacco products through use of Internet.
- NRS 202.2494 - Cigarette vending machines lawful in certain public areas; restrictions on coin-operated machines.
- NRS 202.2496 - Random inspections to enforce compliance with
- NRS 202.2497 - Attorney General to compile results of inspections.
Dangerous Weapons and Firearms
- NRS 202.253 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.254 - Private person authorized to obtain background check on person who wishes to obtain firearm; fee.
- NRS 202.255 - Setting spring gun or other deadly weapon: Unlawful and permitted uses; penalties.
- NRS 202.257 - Possession of firearm when under influence of alcohol, controlled substance or other intoxicating substance; administration of evidentiary test; penalty; forfeiture of firearm.
- NRS 202.260 - Unlawful possession, manufacture or disposition of explosive or incendiary device: Penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.261 - Possession of component of explosive or incendiary device with intent to manufacture explosive or incendiary device: Penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.262 - Possession of explosive or incendiary device in or near certain public or private areas: Penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.263 - Unlawful manufacture, purchase, possession, sale, advertisement or transportation of hoax bomb: Penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.265 - Possession of dangerous weapon on property or in vehicle of school or child care facility; penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.273 - Unlawful manufacture or sale of certain metal-penetrating bullets: Exceptions; penalty.
- NRS 202.275 - Possession, manufacture or disposition of short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun: Penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.277 - Changing, altering, removing or obliterating serial number of firearm prohibited; possession of firearm with serial number changed, altered, removed or obliterated prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.280 - Discharging firearm in or upon public streets or in places of public resort; throwing deadly missiles; duties of civil, military and peace officers; penalties.
- NRS 202.285 - Discharging firearm at or into structure, vehicle, aircraft or watercraft; penalties.
- NRS 202.287 - Discharging firearm within or from structure or vehicle; penalties.
- NRS 202.290 - Aiming firearm at human being; discharging weapon where person might be endangered; penalty.
- NRS 202.300 - Use or possession of firearm by child under age of 18 years; unlawful to aid or permit child to commit violation; penalties; child 14 years of age or older authorized to possess firearm under certain circumstances.
- NRS 202.310 - Sale of firearms to minors; penalty.
- NRS 202.320 - Drawing deadly weapon in threatening manner.
- NRS 202.340 - Confiscation and disposition of dangerous weapons by law enforcement agencies.
- NRS 202.350 - Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or silencer; carrying concealed weapon without permit; penalties; issuance of permit to carry concealed weapon; exceptions.
- NRS 202.355 - Manufacture or sale of switchblade knives: Application for permit; eligibility; public hearing; restrictions.
- NRS 202.357 - Electronic stun device: Use prohibited except for self-defense; possession by certain persons prohibited; sale, gift or other provision to certain persons prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.360 - Ownership or possession of firearm by certain persons prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.362 - Sale or disposal of firearm or ammunition to certain persons prohibited; penalty; exceptions.
- NRS 202.3653 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.3657 - Application for permit; eligibility; denial or revocation of permit.
- NRS 202.366 - Investigation of applicant for permit; issuance or denial of permit; expiration of permit.
- NRS 202.3662 - Confidentiality of information about applicant for permit and permittee.
- NRS 202.3663 - Judicial review of denial of application for permit.
- NRS 202.3665 - Duties of sheriff upon receiving notification that applicant or permittee has been charged with or convicted of crime involving use or threatened use of force or violence.
- NRS 202.3667 - Permittee to carry permit and proper identification when in possession of concealed firearm; penalty.
- NRS 202.367 - Duplicate permit; notification to sheriff of recovered permit; penalty.
- NRS 202.3673 - Permittee authorized to carry concealed firearm while on premises of public building; exceptions; penalty.
- NRS 202.3677 - Application for renewal of permit; fees; demonstrated continued competence required.
- NRS 202.3678 - Application for certification as qualified retired law enforcement officer; law enforcement agency required to offer certain officers opportunity to obtain qualifications necessary for certification; fees.
- NRS 202.368 - Fees to be deposited with county treasurer.
- NRS 202.3683 - Immunity of state and local governments from civil liability.
- NRS 202.3687 - Temporary permits.
- NRS 202.3688 - Circumstances in which holder of permit issued by another state may carry concealed firearm in this State; holder of permit issued by another state subject to same restrictions and requirements as holder of permit issued in this State.
- NRS 202.3689 - Department to prepare list of states that meet certain requirements concerning permits; Department to provide copy of list to law enforcement agencies in this State; Department to make list available to public.
- NRS 202.369 - Regulations.
TEAR GAS BOMBS AND WEAPONS
- NRS 202.370 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.375 - Applicability of
- NRS 202.380 - Sale or possession of tear gas bombs or weapons which are not permitted under
- NRS 202.390 - Weapon to bear name of manufacturer and serial number; penalty for removal.
- NRS 202.400 - Permit for possession, transportation and use in protective system to be issued by sheriff.
- NRS 202.410 - Applications for permits: Contents.
- NRS 202.420 - Inspection of permits.
- NRS 202.430 - Revocation of permits.
- NRS 202.440 - License for retail sale of bombs or weapons; conditions.
ACTS OF TERRORISM; WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION; LETHAL AGENTS; TOXINS; HOAX SUBSTANCES
- NRS 202.441 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.4415 - “Act of terrorism” defined.
- NRS 202.442 - “Biological agent” defined.
- NRS 202.4425 - “Chemical agent” defined.
- NRS 202.443 - “Delivery system” defined.
- NRS 202.4431 - “For use as a weapon” defined.
- NRS 202.4432 - “Hoax substance” defined.
- NRS 202.4433 - “Material support” defined.
- NRS 202.4435 - “Oral, written or electronic communication” defined.
- NRS 202.4437 - “Radioactive agent” defined.
- NRS 202.4439 - “Terrorist” defined.
- NRS 202.444 - “Toxin” defined.
- NRS 202.4445 - “Weapon of mass destruction” defined.
- NRS 202.445 - Acts of terrorism or attempted acts of terrorism prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.446 - Certain acts related to weapons of mass destruction, lethal agents, toxins and delivery systems prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.448 - Making threats or conveying false information concerning acts of terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, lethal agents or toxins prohibited; penalty.
- NRS 202.449 - Dispersing hoax substance prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.450 - Definition.
- NRS 202.460 - Unequal damage.
- NRS 202.470 - Maintaining or permitting nuisance: Penalty.
- NRS 202.480 - Abatement of nuisance; civil penalty.
MISCELLANEOUS CRIMES CONCERNING PUBLIC SAFETY
- NRS 202.500 - Dangerous or vicious dogs: Unlawful acts; penalties.
- NRS 202.510 - Doors of public buildings to swing outward.
- NRS 202.530 - Reckless riding or driving of horse on public street or highway; exceptions.
- NRS 202.540 - Dangerous exhibitions.
- NRS 202.550 - Placing of lethal bait on public domain.
- NRS 202.560 - Removal of doors from discarded refrigerators, iceboxes and deep-freeze lockers.
- NRS 202.575 - Leaving child unattended in motor vehicle; penalty; exception.
- NRS 202.580 - Removal, damage or destruction of signal or apparatus for police or fire alarm; impairing effectiveness of or installing inoperable system for fire protection.
- NRS 202.582 - Removal, damage or destruction of certain property to obtain scrap metal; penalties.
- NRS 202.585 - Directing light emitted from laser device at aircraft with intent to interfere with operation of aircraft; penalty.
- NRS 202.595 - Performance of act or neglect of duty in willful or wanton disregard of safety of persons or property; penalty.
EXPLOSIVES; BOMB THREATS
- NRS 202.750 - “Explosive” defined.
- NRS 202.760 - Shipment or receipt of explosives by certain persons unlawful.
- NRS 202.770 - Seizure and forfeiture of explosives.
- NRS 202.780 - Transportation or receipt of explosives for unlawful purpose; penalties.
- NRS 202.790 - Authorized transportation or receipt of explosives for lawful purpose not prohibited.
- NRS 202.820 - Use or possession of explosives during commission of felony; penalties.
- NRS 202.830 - Use of explosives to damage or destroy property prohibited; penalties.
- NRS 202.840 - Bomb threats prohibited; penalties.
REPORTING OF CERTAIN OFFENSES AGAINST CHILDREN
- NRS 202.870 - Definitions.
- NRS 202.873 - “Law enforcement agency” defined.
- NRS 202.876 - “Violent or sexual offense” defined.
- NRS 202.879 - “Reasonable cause to believe” and “as soon as reasonably practicable” defined; authorized manner of making report and communicating information.
- NRS 202.882 - Duty to report violent or sexual offense against child 12 years of age or younger; penalty for failure to report; contents of report.
- NRS 202.885 - Limitation on prosecution or conviction for failure to report.
- NRS 202.888 - Persons exempt from duty to report.
- NRS 202.891 - Immunity from civil or criminal liability; presumption that report was made in good faith.
- NRS 202.894 - Report deemed report of abuse or neglect of child made pursuant to
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.