2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116B - Condominium Hotel Act
NRS 116B.815 - Ombudsman for Owners in Common-Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels: Powers and duties.

NV Rev Stat § 116B.815 (2015) What's This?

The Office of the Ombudsman for Owners in Common-Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels created by NRS 116.625 shall:

1. Assist in processing claims arising under this chapter that are submitted to mediation or arbitration or referred to a program pursuant to NRS 38.300 to 38.360, inclusive;

2. Assist owners in condominium hotels to understand their rights and responsibilities as set forth in this chapter and the governing documents of their associations, including, without limitation, publishing materials related to those rights and responsibilities;

3. Assist members of executive boards and officers of associations to carry out their duties;

4. When appropriate, investigate disputes involving the provisions of this chapter or the governing documents of an association and assist in resolving such disputes; and

5. Compile and maintain a registration of each association organized within the State which includes, without limitation, the following information:

(a) The name, address and telephone number of the association;

(b) The names, mailing addresses and telephone numbers of the members of the executive board of the association;

(c) The name of the declarant;

(d) The number of units in the condominium hotel;

(e) The total annual assessment made by the association; and

(f) The number of foreclosures which were completed on units within the condominium hotel and which were based on liens for the failure of the unit’s owner to pay any assessments levied against the unit or any fines imposed against the unit’s owner.

(Added to NRS by 2007, 2260; A 2013, 2302)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.