2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116B - Condominium Hotel Act
NRS 116B.645 - Foreclosure of liens: Providing notice of time and place of sale; service of notice of sale; contents of notice of sale; proof of service.
1. The association or hotel unit owner, as applicable, shall also, after the expiration of the 90 days and before selling the unit:
(a) Give notice of the time and place of the sale in the manner and for a time not less than that required by law for the sale of real property upon execution, except that in lieu of following the procedure for service on a judgment debtor pursuant to NRS 21.130, service must be made on the residential unit owner as follows:
(1) A copy of the notice of sale must be mailed, on or before the date of first publication or posting, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, to the residential unit owner or his or her successor in interest at the residential unit owner’s address, if known, and to the address of the residential unit; and
(2) A copy of the notice of sale must be served, on or before the date of first publication or posting, in the manner set forth in subsection 2; and
(b) Mail, on or before the date of first publication or posting, a copy of the notice by first-class mail to:
(1) Each person entitled to receive a copy of the notice of default and election to sell notice under NRS 116B.640;
(2) The holder of a recorded security interest or the purchaser of the residential unit, if either of them has notified the association, before the mailing of the notice of sale, of the existence of the security interest, lease or contract of sale, as applicable; and
(3) The Ombudsman.
2. In addition to the requirements set forth in subsection 1, a copy of the notice of sale must be served:
(a) By a person who is 18 years of age or older and who is not a party to or interested in the sale by personally delivering a copy of the notice of sale to an occupant of the residential unit who is of suitable age; or
(b) By posting a copy of the notice of sale in a conspicuous place on the residential unit.
3. Any copy of the notice of sale required to be served pursuant to this section must include:
(a) The amount necessary to satisfy the lien as of the date of the proposed sale; and
(b) The following warning in 14-point bold type:
WARNING! A SALE OF YOUR PROPERTY IS IMMINENT! UNLESS YOU PAY THE AMOUNT SPECIFIED IN THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE SALE DATE, YOU COULD LOSE YOUR HOME, EVEN IF THE AMOUNT IS IN DISPUTE. YOU MUST ACT BEFORE THE SALE DATE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL (name and telephone number of the contact person for the association or hotel unit owner). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL THE FORECLOSURE SECTION OF THE OMBUDSMAN’S OFFICE, NEVADA REAL ESTATE DIVISION, AT (toll-free telephone number designated by the Division) IMMEDIATELY.
4. Proof of service of any copy of the notice of sale required to be served pursuant to this section must consist of:
(a) A certificate of mailing which evidences that the notice was mailed through the United States Postal Service; or
(b) An affidavit of service signed by the person who served the notice stating:
(1) The time of service, manner of service and location of service; and
(2) The name of the person served or, if the notice was not served on a person, a description of the location where the notice was posted on the residential unit.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 2241)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.