2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116B - Condominium Hotel Act
NRS 116B.575 - Insurance: Repair or replacement of damaged or destroyed portion of condominium hotel.
1. Unless the declaration states otherwise, with respect to repair or replacement of all or any portion of the condominium hotel after fire or other casualty, any portion of the condominium hotel for which insurance is required under NRS 116B.565 which is damaged or destroyed must be repaired or replaced promptly by the association or the hotel unit owner unless:
(a) The condominium hotel is terminated pursuant to the provisions of this chapter;
(b) Repair or replacement would be illegal under any state or local statute or ordinance governing health or safety; or
(c) The declarant or hotel unit owner, as applicable, and the residential unit owners representing at least 80 percent of the total voting power in the association vote that the damaged or destroyed portion of the condominium hotel not be rebuilt.
2. If a determination is made to effect repair or restoration of the damaged or destroyed portion of the condominium hotel, the insurance proceeds of all insurance policies required to be maintained under NRS 116B.565 that are attributable to the damaged or destroyed portion of the condominium hotel must be disbursed to the contractors engaged in such repair or restoration in appropriate installment payments, and any proceeds that are in excess of the amounts reasonably necessary to effect repair or restoration must be disbursed:
(a) As to the residential units or common elements, to the units’ owners in proportion to their assessments for common expenses.
(b) As to any portion of the shared components or the hotel unit, to the hotel unit owner.
3. If a determination is made not to effect repair or restoration of the damaged portion of the condominium hotel:
(a) The insurance proceeds attributable to units, shared components or common elements that are not rebuilt must be distributed to the owners of those units and the owners of the units to which those limited common elements were allocated, or to lienholders, as their interests may appear; and
(b) The remainder of the proceeds must be distributed:
(1) As to the residential units or common elements, to the units’ owners in proportion to their assessments for common expenses.
(2) As to any portion of the shared components or the hotel unit, to the hotel unit owner.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 2233)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.