2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116B - Condominium Hotel Act
NRS 116B.530 - Right of units’ owners to speak at certain meetings; limitations on right; limitations on power of executive board to meet in executive session; procedure governing hearings on alleged violations; requirements concerning minutes of certain meetings.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a unit’s owner may attend any meeting of the units’ owners or of the executive board and speak at any such meeting. The executive board may establish reasonable limitations on the time a unit’s owner may speak at such a meeting.
2. An executive board may not meet in executive session to enter into, renew, modify, terminate or take any other action regarding a contract, unless it is a contract between the association and an attorney.
3. An executive board may meet in executive session only to:
(a) Consult with the attorney for the association on matters relating to proposed or pending litigation if the contents of the discussion would otherwise be governed by the privilege set forth in NRS 49.035 to 49.115, inclusive, or to enter into, renew, modify, terminate or take any other action regarding a contract between the association and the attorney.
(b) Discuss the character, alleged misconduct, professional competence, or physical or mental health of a community manager or an employee of the association.
(c) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, discuss a violation of the governing documents, including, without limitation, the failure to pay an assessment.
4. An executive board shall meet in executive session to hold a hearing on an alleged violation of the governing documents unless the person who may be sanctioned for the alleged violation requests in writing that an open hearing be conducted by the executive board. If the person who may be sanctioned for the alleged violation requests in writing that an open hearing be conducted, the person:
(a) Is entitled to attend all portions of the hearing related to the alleged violation, including, without limitation, the presentation of evidence and the testimony of witnesses; and
(b) Is not entitled to attend the deliberations of the executive board.
5. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, any matter discussed by the executive board when it meets in executive session must be generally noted in the minutes of the meeting of the executive board. The executive board shall maintain minutes of any decision made pursuant to subsection 4 concerning an alleged violation and, upon request, provide a copy of the decision to the person who was subject to being sanctioned at the hearing or to his or her designated representative.
6. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, a unit’s owner is not entitled to attend or speak at a meeting of the executive board held in executive session.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 2228)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.