2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116B - Condominium Hotel Act
NRS 116B.505 - Limitation on power of hotel unit owner to impose sanctions for violations of rules; exception; procedural requirements.
1. A hotel unit owner may not prohibit use of the shared components pursuant to paragraph (d) of subsection 4 of NRS 116B.340 unless:
(a) Not less than 30 days before the violation, the residential unit owner against whom the prohibition will be imposed has been provided with written notice of the applicable provisions of the rules and regulations established by the hotel unit owner that form the basis of the violation; and
(b) Within 10 days after the discovery of the violation, the residential unit owner against whom the prohibition will be imposed has been provided with:
(1) Written notice specifying the details of the violation; and
(2) A reasonable opportunity to contest the violation.
2. Within 10 days after receiving the written notice specifying the details of the violation, the residential unit owner may:
(a) Provide to the hotel unit owner any written information or any explanation relating to the violation; or
(b) Request a meeting with the hotel unit owner to present the information or explanation relating to the violation.
3. A meeting requested by a residential unit owner pursuant to subsection 2 must be held as soon as practicable, but not later than 30 days after the date on which the request for a meeting is received by the hotel unit owner. The meeting may be held in person, by telephone or by videoconferencing.
4. The provisions of this section establish the minimum procedural requirements that the hotel unit owner must follow before the hotel unit owner may prohibit use of the shared components by a residential unit owner. The provisions of this section do not preempt any provisions of the rules and regulations established by the hotel unit owner that provide greater procedural protections.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 2205)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.