2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.765 - Referral of affidavit to Ombudsman for assistance in resolving alleged violation; report by Ombudsman; investigation by Real Estate Division; determination of whether to file complaint with Commission.
1. Upon receipt of an affidavit that complies with the provisions of NRS 116.760, the Division shall refer the affidavit to the Ombudsman.
2. The Ombudsman shall give such guidance to the parties as the Ombudsman deems necessary to assist the parties to resolve the alleged violation.
3. If the parties are unable to resolve the alleged violation with the assistance of the Ombudsman, the Ombudsman shall provide to the Division a report concerning the alleged violation and any information collected by the Ombudsman during his or her efforts to assist the parties to resolve the alleged violation.
4. Upon receipt of the report from the Ombudsman, the Division shall conduct an investigation to determine whether good cause exists to proceed with a hearing on the alleged violation.
5. If, after investigating the alleged violation, the Division determines that the allegations in the affidavit are not frivolous, false or fraudulent and that good cause exists to proceed with a hearing on the alleged violation, the Administrator shall file a formal complaint with the Commission and schedule a hearing on the complaint before the Commission or a hearing panel.
(Added to NRS by 2003, 2215)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.