2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.630 - Account for Common-Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels: Creation; administration; sources; uses.
1. There is hereby created the Account for Common-Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels in the State General Fund. The Account must be administered by the Administrator.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, all money received by the Commission, a hearing panel or the Division pursuant to this chapter or chapter 116B of NRS, including, without limitation, the fees collected pursuant to NRS 116.31155 and 116B.620, must be deposited into the Account.
3. If the Commission imposes a fine or penalty, the Commission shall deposit the money collected from the imposition of the fine or penalty with the State Treasurer for credit to the State General Fund. If the money is so deposited, the Commission may present a claim to the State Board of Examiners for recommendation to the Interim Finance Committee if money is required to pay attorney’s fees or the costs of an investigation, or both.
4. The interest and income earned on the money in the Account, after deducting any applicable charges, must be credited to the Account.
5. The money in the Account must be used solely to defray:
(a) The costs and expenses of the Commission and the Office of the Ombudsman;
(b) If authorized by the Commission or any regulations adopted by the Commission, the costs and expenses of subsidizing proceedings for mediation, arbitration and a program conducted pursuant to NRS 38.300 to 38.360, inclusive; and
(c) If authorized by the Legislature or by the Interim Finance Committee if the Legislature is not in session, the costs and expenses of administering the Division.
(Added to NRS by 1997, 3113; A 1999, 8, 2998; 2003, 2223; 2007, 2274; 2010, 26th Special Session, 79; 2013, 2301)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.