2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.4103 - Public offering statement: General provisions.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 116.41035, a public offering statement must set forth or fully and accurately disclose each of the following:
(a) The name and principal address of the declarant and of the common-interest community, and a statement that the common-interest community is a condominium, cooperative or planned community.
(b) A general description of the common-interest community, including to the extent possible, the types, number and declarant’s schedule of commencement and completion of construction of buildings, and amenities that the declarant anticipates including in the common-interest community.
(c) The estimated number of units in the common-interest community.
(d) Copies of the declaration, bylaws, and any rules or regulations of the association, but a plat is not required.
(e) The financial information required by subsection 2.
(f) A description of any services or subsidies being provided by the declarant or an affiliate of the declarant, not reflected in the budget that the declarant provides, or expenses which the declarant pays and which the declarant expects may become at any subsequent time a common expense of the association and the projected common expense assessment attributable to each of those services or expenses for the association and for each type of unit.
(g) Any initial or special fee due from the purchaser or seller at closing, including, without limitation, any transfer fees, whether payable to the association, the community manager of the association or any third party, together with a description of the purpose and method of calculating the fee.
(h) The terms and significant limitations of any warranties provided by the declarant, including statutory warranties and limitations on the enforcement thereof or on damages.
(i) A statement that unless the purchaser or his or her agent has personally inspected the unit, the purchaser may cancel, by written notice, his or her contract for purchase until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date of execution of the contract, and the contract must contain a provision to that effect.
(j) A statement of any unsatisfied judgment or pending action against the association, and the status of any pending action material to the common-interest community of which a declarant has actual knowledge.
(k) Any current or expected fees or charges to be paid by units’ owners for the use of the common elements and other facilities related to the common-interest community.
(l) In addition to any other document, a statement describing all current and expected fees or charges for each unit, including, without limitation, association fees, fines, assessments, late charges or penalties, interest rates on delinquent assessments, additional costs for collecting past due fines and charges for opening or closing any file for each unit.
(m) Any restraints on alienation of any portion of the common-interest community and any restrictions:
(1) On the leasing or renting of units; and
(2) On the amount for which a unit may be sold or on the amount that may be received by a unit’s owner on the sale or condemnation of or casualty loss to the unit or to the common-interest community, or on termination of the common-interest community.
(n) A description of any arrangement described in NRS 116.1209 binding the association.
(o) The information statement set forth in NRS 116.41095.
2. The public offering statement must contain any current balance sheet and a projected budget for the association, either within or as an exhibit to the public offering statement, for 1 year after the date of the first conveyance to a purchaser, and thereafter the current budget of the association, a statement of who prepared the budget and a statement of the budget’s assumptions concerning occupancy and inflation factors. The budget must include:
(a) A statement of the amount included in the budget as a reserve for repairs, replacement and restoration pursuant to NRS 116.3115;
(b) A statement of any other reserves;
(c) The projected common expense assessment by category of expenditures for the association; and
(d) The projected monthly common expense assessment for each type of unit, including the amount established as reserves pursuant to NRS 116.3115.
3. A declarant is not required to revise a public offering statement more than once each calendar quarter, if the following warning is given prominence in the statement: “THIS PUBLIC OFFERING STATEMENT IS CURRENT AS OF (insert a specified date). RECENT DEVELOPMENTS REGARDING (here refer to particular provisions of NRS 116.4103 and 116.4105) MAY NOT BE REFLECTED IN THIS STATEMENT.”
(Added to NRS by 1991, 572; A 1993, 2375; 1997, 3122; 1999, 3012; 2005, 2612; 2009, 1616, 2809; 2011, 2453)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.