2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.31153 - Signatures required for withdrawals of certain association funds; exceptions.
1. Money in the reserve account of an association required by paragraph (b) of subsection 2 of NRS 116.3115 may not be withdrawn without the signatures of at least two members of the executive board or the signatures of at least one member of the executive board and one officer of the association who is not a member of the executive board.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, money in the operating account of an association may not be withdrawn without the signatures of at least one member of the executive board or one officer of the association and a member of the executive board, an officer of the association or the community manager.
3. Money in the operating account of an association may be withdrawn without the signatures required pursuant to subsection 2 to:
(a) Transfer money to the reserve account of the association at regular intervals;
(b) Make automatic payments for utilities;
(c) Make an electronic transfer of money to a state agency pursuant to NRS 353.1467; or
(d) Make an electronic transfer of money to the United States Government, or any agency thereof, pursuant to any federal law requiring transfers of money to be made by an electronic means authorized by the United States Government or the agency thereof.
4. An association may use electronic signatures to withdraw money in the operating account of the association if:
(a) The electronic transfer of money is made pursuant to a written agreement entered into between the association and the financial institution where the operating account of the association is maintained;
(b) The executive board has expressly authorized the electronic transfer of money; and
(c) The association has established internal accounting controls which comply with generally accepted accounting principles to safeguard the assets of the association.
5. As used in this section, “electronic transfer of money” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 353.1467.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 2995; A 2009, 2927; 2011, 1879)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.