2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.31073 - Maintenance, repair, restoration and replacement of security walls.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 and NRS 116.31135, the association is responsible for the maintenance, repair, restoration and replacement of any security wall which is located within the common-interest community.
2. The provisions of this section do not apply if the governing documents provide that a unit’s owner or an entity other than the association is responsible for the maintenance, repair, restoration and replacement of the security wall.
3. For the purpose of carrying out the maintenance, repair, restoration and replacement of a security wall pursuant to this section:
(a) The association, the members of its executive board and its officers, employees, agents and community manager may enter the grounds of a unit after providing written notice and, notwithstanding any other provision of law, are not liable for trespass.
(b) Any such maintenance, repair, restoration and replacement of a security wall must be performed:
(1) During normal business hours;
(2) Within a reasonable length of time; and
(3) In a manner that does not adversely affect access to a unit or the legal rights of a unit’s owner to enjoy the use of his or her unit.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the executive board is prohibited from imposing an assessment without obtaining prior approval of the units’ owners unless the total amount of the assessment is less than 5 percent of the annual budget of the association.
4. As used in this section, “security wall” means any wall composed of stone, brick, concrete, concrete blocks, masonry or similar building material, including, without limitation, ornamental iron or other fencing material, together with footings, pilasters, outriggers, grillwork, gates and other appurtenances, constructed around the perimeter of a residential subdivision with respect to which a final map has been recorded pursuant to NRS 278.360 to 278.460, inclusive, to protect the several tracts in the subdivision and their occupants from vandalism.
(Added to NRS by 2009, 2862)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.