2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.31038 - Delivery to association of property held or controlled by declarant.

NV Rev Stat § 116.31038 (2015) What's This?

In addition to any applicable requirement set forth in NRS 116.310395, within 30 days after units’ owners other than the declarant may elect a majority of the members of the executive board, the declarant shall deliver to the association all property of the units’ owners and of the association held by or controlled by the declarant, including:

1. The original or a certified copy of the recorded declaration as amended, the articles of incorporation, articles of association, articles of organization, certificate of registration, certificate of limited partnership, certificate of trust or other documents of organization for the association, the bylaws, minute books and other books and records of the association and any rules or regulations which may have been adopted.

2. An accounting for money of the association and audited financial statements for each fiscal year and any ancillary period from the date of the last audit of the association to the date the period of the declarant’s control ends. The financial statements must fairly and accurately report the association’s financial position. The declarant shall pay the costs of the ancillary audit. The ancillary audit must be delivered within 210 days after the date the period of the declarant’s control ends.

3. A complete study of the reserves of the association, conducted by a person who is registered as a reserve study specialist pursuant to chapter 116A of NRS. At the time the control of the declarant ends, the declarant shall:

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, deliver to the association a reserve account that contains the declarant’s share of the amounts then due, and control of the account. If the declaration was recorded before October 1, 1999, and, at the time the control of the declarant ends, the declarant has failed to pay his or her share of the amounts due, the executive board shall authorize the declarant to pay the deficiency in installments for a period of 3 years, unless the declarant and the executive board agree to a shorter period.

(b) Disclose, in writing, the amount by which the declarant has subsidized the association’s dues on a per unit or per lot basis.

4. The association’s money or control thereof.

5. All of the declarant’s tangible personal property that has been represented by the declarant as property of the association or, unless the declarant has disclosed in the public offering statement that all such personal property used in the common-interest community will remain the declarant’s property, all of the declarant’s tangible personal property that is necessary for, and has been used exclusively in, the operation and enjoyment of the common elements, and inventories of these properties.

6. A copy of any plans and specifications used in the construction of the improvements in the common-interest community which were completed within 2 years before the declaration was recorded.

7. All insurance policies then in force, in which the units’ owners, the association, or its directors and officers are named as insured persons.

8. Copies of any certificates of occupancy that may have been issued with respect to any improvements comprising the common-interest community other than units in a planned community.

9. Any renewable permits and approvals issued by governmental bodies applicable to the common-interest community which are in force and any other permits and approvals so issued and applicable which are required by law to be kept on the premises of the community.

10. Written warranties of the contractor, subcontractors, suppliers and manufacturers that are still effective.

11. A roster of owners and mortgagees of units and their addresses and telephone numbers, if known, as shown on the declarant’s records.

12. Contracts of employment in which the association is a contracting party.

13. Any contract for service in which the association is a contracting party or in which the association or the units’ owners have any obligation to pay a fee to the persons performing the services.

(Added to NRS by 1993, 2354; A 1999, 3002; 2001, 2490; 2005, 2597; 2009, 2918)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.