2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 116 - Common-Interest Ownership (Uniform Act)
NRS 116.31035 - Publications containing mention of candidate or ballot question: Requirements; limitations.
1. If an official publication contains any mention of a candidate or ballot question, the official publication must, upon request and under the same terms and conditions, provide equal space to all candidates or to a representative of an organization which supports the passage or defeat of the ballot question.
2. If an official publication contains the views or opinions of the association, the executive board, a community manager or an officer, employee or agent of an association concerning an issue of official interest, the official publication must, upon request and under the same terms and conditions, provide equal space to opposing views and opinions of a unit’s owner of the common-interest community.
3. If an association has a closed-circuit television station and that station interviews, or provides time to, a candidate or a representative of an organization which supports the passage or defeat of a ballot question, the closed-circuit television station must, under the same terms and conditions, allow equal time for all candidates or a representative of an opposing view to the ballot question.
4. The association and its officers, employees and agents are immune from criminal or civil liability for any act or omission which arises out of the publication or disclosure of any information related to any person and which occurs in the course of carrying out any duties required pursuant to subsection 1, 2 or 3.
5. As used in this section:
(a) “Issue of official interest” means:
(1) Any issue on which the executive board or the units’ owners will be voting, including, without limitation, elections; and
(2) The enactment or adoption of rules or regulations that will affect the common-interest community.
(b) “Official publication” means:
(1) An official website;
(2) An official newsletter or other similar publication that is circulated to each unit’s owner; or
(3) An official bulletin board that is available to each unit’s owner.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 2414)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.