2014 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 176A - Probation and Suspension of Sentence
- NRS 176A.010 - Definitions.
- NRS 176A.020 - Board defined.
- NRS 176A.030 - Court defined.
- NRS 176A.040 - Division defined.
- NRS 176A.043 - Member of the military defined.
- NRS 176A.045 - Mental illness defined.
- NRS 176A.047 - Intellectual disability defined.
- NRS 176A.050 - Parole and probation officer defined.
- NRS 176A.060 - Residential confinement defined.
- NRS 176A.070 - Standards defined.
- NRS 176A.080 - Surety bond defined.
- NRS 176A.090 - Veteran defined.
AUTHORITY OF THE COURT; LIMITATIONS
- NRS 176A.100 - Authority and discretion of court to suspend sentence and grant probation; persons eligible; factors considered; intensive supervision; submission of report of presentence investigation.
- NRS 176A.110 - Persons convicted of certain offenses required to be certified as not representing high risk to reoffend before court suspends sentence or grants probation; immunity.
- NRS 176A.120 - Persons convicted of certain offenses against elderly required to pay restitution before court suspends sentence or grants probation; exceptions.
- NRS 176A.200 - Investigation by Division.
- NRS 176A.210 - Promise to comply with conditions of probation; waiver of extradition.
- NRS 176A.220 - Certification of copy of records; delivery of copy to Chief Parole and Probation Officer.
ASSIGNMENT TO PROGRAM FOR TREATMENT OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- NRS 176A.250 - Establishment of program for treatment of mental illness or intellectual disabilities; assignment of defendant to program; progress reports.
- NRS 176A.255 - Transfer of jurisdiction from justice court or municipal court to district court for assignment of defendant to program.
- NRS 176A.260 - Conditions and limitations on assignment of defendant to program; effect of violation of terms and conditions; discharge of defendant upon fulfillment of terms and conditions; effect of discharge.
- NRS 176A.265 - Sealing of records after discharge.
ASSIGNMENT TO PROGRAM FOR TREATMENT OF VETERANS AND MILITARY
- NRS 176A.280 - Establishment of program for treatment of veterans and members of military; assignment of defendant to program; progress reports.
- NRS 176A.285 - Transfer of jurisdiction from justice court or municipal court to district court for assignment of defendant to program.
- NRS 176A.290 - Conditions and limitations on assignment of defendant to program; effect of violation of terms and conditions; discharge of defendant upon fulfillment of terms and conditions; effect of discharge. [Effective through December 31, 2013.]
- NRS 176A.295 - Sealing of records after discharge.
PROGRAM OF PROBATION SECURED BY SURETY BOND
- NRS 176A.300 - Execution and amount of surety bond.
- NRS 176A.310 - Conditions; duties of surety; probationer to report to and pay surety.
- NRS 176A.320 - Failure of surety to fulfill duties; failure of probationer to fulfill conditions of surety bond.
- NRS 176A.330 - Exoneration of surety and setting aside of forfeiture of surety bond.
- NRS 176A.340 - Procedure when surety not exonerated; enforcement of liability; remission of judgment of default.
- NRS 176A.350 - Discharge of surety and release of bond.
- NRS 176A.360 - Arrest of probationer.
- NRS 176A.370 - Money collected to be deposited in State General Fund.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- NRS 176A.400 - Imposition by court; alternative programs or treatment; prohibition on suspending term of imprisonment; placement under supervision of Chief Parole and Probation Officer.
- NRS 176A.410 - Required terms and conditions for sex offenders; powers and duties of court; exceptions.
- NRS 176A.413 - Restrictions relating to computers and use of Internet and other electronic means of communication; powers and duties of court; exceptions.
- NRS 176A.416 - Evaluations and counseling for offenses involving cruelty to animals; powers and duties of court.
- NRS 176A.420 - Tests to determine use of controlled substance.
- NRS 176A.430 - Restitution.
- NRS 176A.440 - Program of intensive supervision.
- NRS 176A.450 - Modification; procedure for modifying conditions relating to program of probation secured by surety bond; limitations.
DURATION; ARREST FOR ALLEGED VIOLATION
- NRS 176A.500 - Authority of court to fix duration; limitations; arrest for alleged violation; powers and duties of peace officers; deduction of days.
PROCEEDINGS AFTER ARREST
Residential Confinement Pending Inquiry or Consideration by Court
- NRS 176A.530 - Authority of Chief Parole and Probation Officer to order.
- NRS 176A.540 - Requirements; intensive supervision; use of electronic device; limitations.
- NRS 176A.550 - Terms and conditions; modification; notice to probationer.
- NRS 176A.560 - Termination; detention of probationer in jail.
Inquiry to Determine Probable Cause
- NRS 176A.580 - Inquiry required before alleged violation considered by court; qualifications of inquiring officer; time and place of inquiry; exceptions; subpoenas.
- NRS 176A.590 - Enforcement of subpoena issued by inquiring officer; contempt.
- NRS 176A.600 - Notice to probationer; rights of probationer at inquiry.
- NRS 176A.610 - Duties of inquiring officer; determination; detention or residential confinement of probationer upon finding probable cause.
Consideration by Court of Alleged Violation; Assessment of Expenses
- NRS 176A.630 - Assignment of case; consideration of alleged violation; revocation permitted upon finding violation; alternative actions; restitution for governmental expenses.
- NRS 176A.635 - Effect of violation of condition of probation, forfeiture and restoration of credits for good behavior.
- NRS 176A.640 - Expenses of returning arrested probationer to court are charge against State; payment.
RESIDENTIAL CONFINEMENT AFTER VIOLATION
- NRS 176A.660 - Authority of court to order; requirements; intensive supervision; use of electronic device; limitations.
- NRS 176A.670 - Terms and conditions; modification; notice.
- NRS 176A.680 - Authority of court to modify or rescind for subsequent violation; imposition of other punishment.
- NRS 176A.690 - Establishment of procedures by Division for supervision of persons in residential confinement.
RESIDENTIAL CENTERS FOR SUPERVISION OF PROBATIONERS
- NRS 176A.720 - Establishment.
- NRS 176A.730 - Assignment of probationers; limitations.
- NRS 176A.740 - Duties and powers of Division; management of earnings and assets of probationer; regulations.
PROGRAM OF REGIMENTAL DISCIPLINE
- NRS 176A.770 - Legislative declaration.
- NRS 176A.780 - Eligibility; procedure; completion; deduction of time from sentence.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.