2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 90 - Securities (Uniform Act)
NRS 90.851 - Deposit and use of money received as result of enforcement action.
1. All money received by the Administrator as the result of an action for the enforcement of the provisions of this chapter must be deposited in the State General Fund for credit to the Secretary of State s Operating General Fund Budget Account.
2. The money deposited in the Account pursuant to this section may be used:
(a) To pay the expenses of the Office of the Secretary of State involved in:
(1) Investigations by the Office involving securities;
(2) Actions to enforce the provisions of this chapter; and
(3) Providing educational programs for the public which are related to the operations of the Office.
(b) For any other purpose related to the Office of the Secretary of State, with the approval of the Legislature or the Interim Finance Committee when the Legislature is not in session.
3. The money deposited in the Account pursuant to this section, including money deposited in excess of the amount authorized by the Legislature, is restricted to the uses specified, and the unexpended balance of that money may be carried forward at the end of each fiscal year.
(Added to NRS by 1993, 1225; A 2009, 1166; 2011, 2193)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.