2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 90 - Securities (Uniform Act)
NRS 90.453 - Registration required; exemption; regulations; investigation of persons associated with applicant; denial, suspension or revocation.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person shall not operate a securities exchange in this State unless it has been registered with the Securities Division.
2. A securities exchange which is registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission is exempt from the requirements for registration set forth in this section.
3. The Administrator shall adopt regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of this section, including regulations prescribing:
(a) Requirements for the registration and operation of a securities exchange;
(b) The fees for the registration of a securities exchange; and
(c) The requirements for bonding and minimum capitalization of a securities exchange.
4. The Administrator shall investigate the qualifications of each person associated with an applicant for registration as a securities exchange. The applicant shall pay the cost of the investigation.
5. The Administrator may deny, suspend or revoke the registration of a securities exchange, or place conditions, limitations or restrictions on the registration, if the Administrator determines that such action is in the public interest and any of the provisions of subsection 1 of NRS 90.420 are applicable to a person associated with the securities exchange.
(Added to NRS by 1993, 2414; A 1997, 503)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.