2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 90 - Securities (Uniform Act)
NRS 90.410 - Power of inspection.
1. The Administrator, without previous notice, may examine in a manner reasonable under the circumstances the records, within or without this State, of a licensed broker-dealer, sales representative, investment adviser or representative of an investment adviser to determine compliance with this chapter. Licensed broker-dealers, sales representatives, investment advisers and representatives of investment advisers shall make their records available to the Administrator in legible form.
2. The Administrator, without previous notice, may examine, in a manner reasonable under the circumstances and as the Administrator considers necessary or appropriate in the public interest and for the protection of investors, the records, within or without this State, of any person who would otherwise be required to be licensed pursuant to NRS 90.310 or 90.330. Such persons shall make their records available to the Administrator in legible form.
3. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, the Administrator may copy records or require a licensed person to copy records and provide the copies to the Administrator to the extent and in a manner reasonable under the circumstances.
4. The Administrator may inspect and copy records or require a transfer agent to copy records and provide the copies to the Administrator to the extent such records relate to information concerning principals, corporate officers or stockholders of any publicly traded company based in this State.
5. The Administrator by regulation may impose a reasonable fee for the expense of conducting an examination under this section.
(Added to NRS by 1987, 2157; A 1989, 160; 1995, 1446; 2007, 1341; 2009, 2558)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.