2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 90 - Securities (Uniform Act)
NRS 90.310 - Licensing of broker-dealers, sales representatives and transfer agents.
1. It is unlawful for any person to transact business in this State as a broker-dealer or sales representative unless licensed or exempt from licensing under this chapter.
2. It is unlawful for any issuer or any broker-dealer licensed under this chapter to employ or contract with a person as a sales representative within this State unless the sales representative is licensed or exempt from licensing under this chapter.
3. It is unlawful for any person to transact business in this State as a transfer agent unless licensed or exempt from licensing under this chapter.
4. It is unlawful for a broker-dealer or an issuer engaged in offering securities in this State to employ or contract with, in connection with any of the broker-dealer s or issuer s activities in this State, any person who is suspended or barred from association with a broker-dealer or investment adviser by the Administrator. A broker-dealer or issuer does not violate this subsection unless the broker-dealer or issuer knows or in the exercise of reasonable care should know of the suspension or bar. Upon request from a broker-dealer or issuer, and for good cause shown, the Administrator by order may waive the prohibition of this subsection with respect to a particular person who has been suspended or barred.
5. It is unlawful for any person licensed pursuant to this chapter to share, divide or apportion fees with a person who is effecting or attempting to effect purchases or sales of securities and is not licensed pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(Added to NRS by 1987, 2153; A 1989, 151; 1995, 1442; 2007, 1337)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.