2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 484D - Equipment, Inspections and Size, Weight and Load of Vehicles
- NRS 484D.010 - Definitions.
- NRS 484D.015 - Farm tractor defined.
- NRS 484D.020 - Implement of husbandry defined.
- NRS 484D.025 - Interstate highway defined.
- NRS 484D.030 - Mobile home defined.
- NRS 484D.035 - Recreational vehicle defined.
- NRS 484D.040 - Security agreement defined.
- NRS 484D.045 - Security interest defined.
- NRS 484D.050 - Tandem axle defined.
- NRS 484D.055 - Towable tools or equipment defined.
EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES
Lamps and Other Equipment for Lighting
- NRS 484D.100 - When lighted lamps are required.
- NRS 484D.105 - Distance of visibility and mounted height of lamps.
- NRS 484D.110 - Headlamps on motor vehicles and special mobile equipment.
- NRS 484D.115 - Tail lamps.
- NRS 484D.120 - Reflectors.
- NRS 484D.125 - Stop lamps.
- NRS 484D.130 - Turn signals.
- NRS 484D.135 - Requirements for pole trailer.
- NRS 484D.140 - Additional equipment for lighting required on certain vehicles.
- NRS 484D.145 - Colors of certain lamps, lights and reflectors.
- NRS 484D.150 - Mounting of reflectors, clearance lamps and side marker lamps.
- NRS 484D.155 - Visibility requirements for reflectors, clearance lamps, identification lamps and marker lamps.
- NRS 484D.160 - Obstructed lights.
- NRS 484D.165 - Lamps on parked vehicle.
- NRS 484D.170 - Lamps and reflectors on farm tractors, farm equipment and implements of husbandry.
- NRS 484D.175 - Lamps and reflectors on other vehicles.
- NRS 484D.180 - Spot lamps, auxiliary lamps and lamps for fog.
- NRS 484D.185 - Flashing amber warning light: Limitations on operation and display; permit to mount on certain vehicles; fee.
- NRS 484D.190 - Display of flashing amber warning light and signs by certain vehicles used to sell food or beverage.
- NRS 484D.195 - Display of flashing amber warning light by vehicle of public utility.
- NRS 484D.200 - Use and display of blue tail lamps by certain vehicles of Department of Transportation; conditions.
- NRS 484D.205 - Additional equipment for lighting.
- NRS 484D.210 - Equipment for lighting road with multiple beams.
- NRS 484D.215 - Use of equipment for lighting road with multiple beams.
- NRS 484D.220 - Number and intensity of lamps on front of vehicle.
- NRS 484D.230 - Vehicles in unsafe condition or lacking certain equipment prohibited on highway; prohibited acts related to equipment.
- NRS 484D.250 - Equipment required.
- NRS 484D.255 - Requirements for performance.
- NRS 484D.260 - Maintenance.
- NRS 484D.265 - Equipment for towing vehicle.
- NRS 484D.270 - Arrangement of system; device for control.
- NRS 484D.275 - Reservoirs.
- NRS 484D.280 - Warning signals and devices for certain buses, trucks and truck-tractors.
- NRS 484D.285 - Conditions upon use of compression brakes; penalty.
- NRS 484D.300 - Definitions.
- NRS 484D.305 - Unlawful devices.
- NRS 484D.310 - Unlawful change of mileage.
- NRS 484D.315 - Operation of, or causing or allowing to be operated, with intent to defraud, motor vehicle that has disconnected, nonfunctional or altered odometer.
- NRS 484D.320 - Conspiracy.
- NRS 484D.325 - Lawful service, repair or replacement; notice to be attached to vehicle when odometer adjusted to read zero.
- NRS 484D.330 - Department to enforce provisions of federal law relating to disclosure of odometer reading of motor vehicle and certain other information.
- NRS 484D.335 - Criminal penalties.
- NRS 484D.340 - Civil penalties.
- NRS 484D.345 - Injunctive relief.
- NRS 484D.400 - Horns and other warning devices.
- NRS 484D.405 - Unlawful to operate out-of-state or foreign privately owned motor vehicle equipped with red light or siren; exception; penalty.
- NRS 484D.410 - Standards and regulations for noise emission; compliance.
- NRS 484D.415 - Mufflers: Prevention of emissions.
- NRS 484D.420 - Mudguards.
- NRS 484D.425 - Mirrors on trucks.
- NRS 484D.430 - Mirrors on all motor vehicles.
- NRS 484D.435 - Windshield and windows must be unobstructed.
- NRS 484D.440 - Restrictions on tinting of windshield or side or rear window.
- NRS 484D.445 - Windshield wipers.
- NRS 484D.450 - Safety glazing material in motor vehicles and campers.
- NRS 484D.455 - Replacement of glazing materials.
- NRS 484D.460 - Certain vehicles to carry pot torches, lanterns or reflectors; display of devices when vehicle is disabled.
- NRS 484D.465 - Display of warning devices by vehicle of public utility parked at site of work.
- NRS 484D.470 - Tow cars required to be equipped with broom, shovel and fire extinguisher; duties of driver; failure to perform duties.
- NRS 484D.475 - Equipment for tow car: Flashing amber warning lamp; flares, lanterns, lights or reflectors.
- NRS 484D.480 - Equipment for tow car: Rear and stop lamps; portable electric extension cord.
- NRS 484D.485 - Event recording device: Disclosure by manufacturer of new motor vehicle in owner s manual; downloading or retrieval of data; subscription services; penalty.
- NRS 484D.490 - Television-type receiving equipment.
- NRS 484D.493 - Dynamic display: Management system required; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.495 - Safety belts and shoulder harness assembly; requirements for child and other passenger; penalty; exemptions. [Effective until the date the Federal Government rescinds the requirement for the installation of automatic restraints in new private passenger motor vehicles, if that action is based upon the enactment or continued operation of certain amendatory and transitory provisions contained in chapter 480, Statutes of Nevada 1987.]
- NRS 484D.500 - Use of safety belts within taxicabs.
- NRS 484D.505 - Pneumatic tires: Standards; sale or use of nonconforming tire prohibited.
- NRS 484D.510 - Use of certain cleated or studded tires prohibited; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.515 - Traction devices, tire chains or snow tires: Use required where highway marked or posted.
- NRS 484D.520 - Traction devices, tire chains or snow tires: Requirements under certain circumstances.
- NRS 484D.525 - Installation and mounting of traction devices, tire chains or snow tires.
- NRS 484D.530 - Mechanical device to provide traction.
- NRS 484D.535 - Device for control of pollution: Use required; disconnection or alteration prohibited; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.540 - Device for control of pollution: Penalty; proof of conformity may be required.
- NRS 484D.545 - Emblem for slow-moving vehicle displayed on certain vehicles; standards.
INSPECTION OF VEHICLES
- NRS 484D.560 - Inspection by peace officer or inspector; citation or notice of violation; centers for inspection; standards for tires and brakes.
- NRS 484D.570 - Operation of vehicle without required equipment or in unsafe condition prohibited; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.580 - Penalty for failure or refusal to stop and submit to inspection or test.
SIZE, WEIGHT AND LOAD
General Restrictions and Exemptions; Permits
- NRS 484D.600 - Prohibited acts concerning size or weight of vehicle; special permit; emergencies; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.605 - Height of vehicle: Maximum heights with load; exception; unlawful acts.
- NRS 484D.610 - Height of vehicle: Maximum ground clearance; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.615 - Length of vehicle: Restrictions; special permit; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.620 - Length of vehicle: Penalty.
- NRS 484D.625 - Authorized movement of vehicle on public highway in excess of limits on size and weight; permit; fee.
- NRS 484D.630 - Operation of motor vehicle exceeding its declared gross weight unlawful.
- NRS 484D.635 - Maximum weight of vehicle on any axle or per tire.
- NRS 484D.640 - Limitations on weight for vehicle used by licensed hauler of garbage and refuse.
- NRS 484D.645 - Limitations on weight for vehicle used by regional transportation commission or its contractor to provide public mass transportation; exception for certain vehicles used as part of demonstration project; definitions.
- NRS 484D.650 - Measurement of distance between axles.
- NRS 484D.655 - Reduction of maximum weight limits: Authority and duties of Director of Department of Transportation; factors to be considered by Department of Transportation before reduction.
- NRS 484D.660 - Applicability of limits on weight to federal highways; reduction of limits by Department of Transportation or governing body of city or county.
- NRS 484D.665 - Certain larger vehicles prohibited from traveling on State Route 159; duty of Department of Transportation to erect certain markers; exceptions.
- NRS 484D.670 - Exemption for traction engine and tractor; circular metal band required.
- NRS 484D.675 - Enforcement by law enforcement agencies; weighing; requiring removal of excess load; penalty.
- NRS 484D.680 - Fines for violations of limits on weight.
- NRS 484D.685 - Maximum width of vehicle; permit for increased size or weight.
- NRS 484D.690 - Maximum width of bus.
- NRS 484D.695 - Maximum width of recreational vehicle.
- NRS 484D.700 - Maximum width of trailer, semitrailer, special mobile equipment or equipment for construction or maintenance of highway.
- NRS 484D.705 - Width of load of loosely piled agricultural products; restrictions for implement of husbandry moved over highway.
- NRS 484D.710 - Applicability of limits on width to federal highways.
- NRS 484D.715 - Permit for movement of oversized manufactured or mobile home or similar structure: Requirements; conditions; regulations.
- NRS 484D.720 - Permit for movement of oversized manufactured or mobile home or similar structure: Additional requirements and conditions; designation of highways; regulations.
- NRS 484D.725 - Permit to operate or move vehicles with oversized loads.
- NRS 484D.730 - Contents of application for permit.
- NRS 484D.735 - Continuous and multiple trip-limited time permits: Maximum weight per axle; fee for investigation; revocation; new application; Department of Transportation to consider recommendation of city or county.
- NRS 484D.740 - Carrying and inspection of permit.
Unlawful Acts; Penalties
- NRS 484D.745 - Penalties for operation of oversized or overweight vehicle without permit or in violation of permit.
Regional Advisement in Counties Whose Population is 700,000 or More
- NRS 484D.800 - Regional advisory committee: Creation; matters subject to recommendation; membership; terms of members; vacancies; members serve without compensation.
- NRS 484D.810 - Duties of regional advisory committee; duties of Department of Transportation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.