2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 450B - Emergency Medical Services
NRS 450B.620 - Placement and maintenance by school districts, health clubs and medical facilities; training of employees.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 450B.600, the board of trustees of each school district in this State, to the extent that money is available, may provide for the placement of an automated external defibrillator in each public school in the school district and at each athletic facility maintained by the school district at a location that is separate from a public school. Each defibrillator must be appropriate for use on children and adults and be limited to use on school property and at school events. The board of trustees may accept:
(a) The donation of a defibrillator that complies with the standards established by the United States Food and Drug Administration; and
(b) Gifts, grants and donations for use in obtaining, inspecting and maintaining a defibrillator.
2. Each medical facility and health club in this State may provide for the placement of an automated external defibrillator in a central location at the medical facility or health club.
3. Each school district, medical facility and health club that provides for the placement of one or more automated external defibrillators pursuant to this section shall:
(a) Ensure that each defibrillator is inspected and maintained on a regular basis; and
(b) Require any employee who will use a defibrillator to complete the training requirements of a course in basic emergency care of a person in cardiac arrest that includes training in the operation and use of an automated external defibrillator and is conducted in accordance with the standards of the American Heart Association, the American National Red Cross or any similar organization.
4. As used in this section:
(a) Health club has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 598.9415.
(b) Medical facility means:
(1) A facility for hospice care as defined in NRS 449.0033;
(2) A facility for intermediate care as defined in NRS 449.0038;
(3) A facility for skilled nursing as defined in NRS 449.0039;
(4) A hospital as defined in NRS 449.012;
(5) An independent center for emergency medical care as defined in NRS 449.013; or
(6) A surgical center for ambulatory patients as defined in NRS 449.019.
(c) School property has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 701B.350.
(Added to NRS by 2009, 778)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.