2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 450B - Emergency Medical Services
NRS 450B.0505 - Automated external defibrillator and defibrillator defined.
Automated external defibrillator or defibrillator means a medical device that:
1. Has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration;
2. Is capable of recognizing the presence or absence of ventricular fibrillation and rapid ventricular tachycardia in a patient;
3. Is capable of determining, without intervention by the operator of the device, whether defibrillation should be performed on a patient;
4. Upon determining that defibrillation should be performed on a patient, automatically charges and requests delivery of an electrical impulse to the patient s heart; and
5. Upon appropriate action by the operator of the device, delivers an appropriate electrical impulse to the patient s heart.
(Added to NRS by 2013, 1869)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.