2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 33 - Injunctions
NRS 33.018 - Acts which constitute domestic violence.
1. Domestic violence occurs when a person commits one of the following acts against or upon the person s spouse or former spouse, any other person to whom the person is related by blood or marriage, any other person with whom the person is or was actually residing, any other person with whom the person has had or is having a dating relationship, any other person with whom the person has a child in common, the minor child of any of those persons, the person s minor child or any other person who has been appointed the custodian or legal guardian for the person s minor child:
(a) A battery.
(b) An assault.
(c) Compelling the other person by force or threat of force to perform an act from which the other person has the right to refrain or to refrain from an act which the other person has the right to perform.
(d) A sexual assault.
(e) A knowing, purposeful or reckless course of conduct intended to harass the other person. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to:
(5) Destruction of private property.
(6) Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.
(7) Injuring or killing an animal.
(f) A false imprisonment.
(g) Unlawful entry of the other person s residence, or forcible entry against the other person s will if there is a reasonably foreseeable risk of harm to the other person from the entry.
2. As used in this section, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement. The term does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.
(Added to NRS by 1985, 2283; A 1995, 902; 1997, 1808; 2007, 82, 1275)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.