2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 205 - Crimes Against Property
NRS 205.46513 - Establishing or possessing financial forgery laboratory unlawful; penalty; expert testimony.
1. A person shall not establish or possess a financial forgery laboratory with the intent to commit any unlawful act.
2. Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to specific statute, a person who violates this section is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 20 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $100,000.
3. For the purposes of prosecuting a violation of this section, the prosecuting attorney may present expert testimony to provide a prima facie case that any computer, system, program or electronic or mechanical device, or any combination thereof, is specifically configured for any purpose set forth in subparagraph (1) or (2) of paragraph (b) of subsection 4.
4. As used in this section:
(a) Computer has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 205.4735.
(b) Financial forgery laboratory means any computer, system, program or other electronic or mechanical device, or any combination thereof, that is specifically configured for the purpose of unlawfully:
(1) Obtaining personal identifying information of another person to commit an unlawful act; or
(2) Manufacturing any forged or fraudulent financial instrument, document or item, including, without limitation, any negotiable instrument, check, draft, bond, credit card, debit card, stock certificate, annuity, bank bill or note, draft, bill of exchange, contract, promissory note, traveler s check or money order.
(c) Personal identifying information has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 205.4617.
(d) Program has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 205.475.
(e) System has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 205.476.
(Added to NRS by 2005, 2497)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.