2013 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 104 - Uniform Commercial Code—Original Articles
Short Titles, Scope, Construction, Severability and Electronic Signatures and Delivery
- NRS 104.1101 - Short titles.
- NRS 104.1102 - Scope of Article 1.
- NRS 104.1103 - Construction of Uniform Commercial Code to promote underlying purposes and policies; applicability of supplemental principles of law.
- NRS 104.1104 - Construction against implied repeal.
- NRS 104.1105 - Severability.
- NRS 104.1106 - Use of singular and plural; gender.
- NRS 104.1108 - Relation to Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
General Definitions and Principles of Interpretation
- NRS 104.1201 - General definitions.
- NRS 104.1202 - Notice; knowledge.
- NRS 104.1203 - Lease distinguished from security interest.
- NRS 104.1204 - Value.
- NRS 104.1205 - Reasonable time; seasonableness.
- NRS 104.1206 - Presumptions.
Territorial Applicability and General Rules
- NRS 104.1301 - Territorial applicability; parties power to choose applicable law.
- NRS 104.1302 - Variation by agreement.
- NRS 104.1303 - Course of performance, course of dealing and usage of trade.
- NRS 104.1304 - Obligation of good faith.
- NRS 104.1305 - Remedies to be liberally administered.
- NRS 104.1306 - Waiver or renunciation of claim or right after breach.
- NRS 104.1307 - Prima facie evidence by third-party documents.
- NRS 104.1308 - Performance or acceptance under reservation of rights.
- NRS 104.1309 - Option to accelerate at will.
- NRS 104.1310 - Subordinated obligations.
Short Title, General Construction and Subject Matter
- NRS 104.2101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.2102 - Scope; certain security and other transactions excluded from this article.
- NRS 104.2103 - Definitions and index of definitions.
- NRS 104.2104 - Definitions: Merchant ; between merchants ; financing agency.
- NRS 104.2105 - Definitions: Transferability; goods ; future goods; lot ; commercial unit.
- NRS 104.2106 - Definitions: Contract ; agreement ; contract for sale ; sale ; present sale ; conforming to contract; termination ; cancellation.
- NRS 104.2107 - Goods to be severed from realty: Recording.
Form, Formation and Readjustment of Contract
- NRS 104.2201 - Formal requirements; statute of frauds.
- NRS 104.2202 - Final written expression: Parol or extrinsic evidence.
- NRS 104.2203 - Seals inoperative.
- NRS 104.2204 - Formation in general.
- NRS 104.2205 - Firm offers.
- NRS 104.2206 - Offer and acceptance in formation of contract.
- NRS 104.2207 - Additional terms in acceptance or confirmation.
- NRS 104.2209 - Modification, rescission and waiver.
- NRS 104.2210 - Delegation of performance; assignment of rights.
General Obligation and Construction of Contract
- NRS 104.2301 - General obligations of parties.
- NRS 104.2302 - Unconscionable contract or clause.
- NRS 104.2303 - Allocation or division of risks.
- NRS 104.2304 - Price payable in money, goods, realty or otherwise.
- NRS 104.2305 - Open price term.
- NRS 104.2306 - Output, requirements and exclusive dealings.
- NRS 104.2307 - Delivery in single lot or several lots.
- NRS 104.2308 - Absence of specified place for delivery.
- NRS 104.2309 - Absence of specific time for action or duration of contract; notice of termination.
- NRS 104.2310 - Open time for payment or running of credit; authority to ship under reservation.
- NRS 104.2311 - Options and cooperation respecting performance.
- NRS 104.2312 - Warranty of title and against infringement; buyer s obligation against infringement.
- NRS 104.2313 - Express warranties by affirmation, promise, description or sample.
- NRS 104.2314 - Implied warranty: Merchantability; usage of trade.
- NRS 104.2315 - Implied warranty: Fitness for particular purpose.
- NRS 104.2316 - Exclusion or modification of warranties.
- NRS 104.2317 - Cumulation and conflict of warranties express or implied.
- NRS 104.2318 - Third-party beneficiaries of warranties express or implied.
- NRS 104.2319 - F.O.B. and F.A.S. terms.
- NRS 104.2320 - C.I.F. and C. & F. terms.
- NRS 104.2321 - C.I.F. or C. & F.: Net landed weights ; payment on arrival ; warranty of condition on arrival.
- NRS 104.2322 - Delivery ex-ship.
- NRS 104.2323 - Form of bill of lading required in overseas shipment; overseas.
- NRS 104.2324 - No arrival, no sale term.
- NRS 104.2325 - Letter of credit term; confirmed credit.
- NRS 104.2326 - Sale on approval and sale or return; rights of creditors.
- NRS 104.2327 - Special incidents of sale on approval and sale or return.
- NRS 104.2328 - Sale by auction.
Title, Creditors and Good Faith Purchasers
- NRS 104.2401 - Passing of title; reservation for security; limited application of this section.
- NRS 104.2402 - Rights of seller s creditors against sold goods.
- NRS 104.2403 - Power to transfer; good faith purchase of goods; entrusting.
- NRS 104.2501 - Insurable interest in goods; manner of identification of goods.
- NRS 104.2502 - Buyer s right to goods on seller s repudiation, failure to deliver or insolvency.
- NRS 104.2503 - Manner of seller s tender of delivery.
- NRS 104.2504 - Shipment by seller.
- NRS 104.2505 - Seller s shipment under reservation.
- NRS 104.2506 - Rights of financing agency.
- NRS 104.2507 - Effect of seller s tender; delivery on condition.
- NRS 104.2508 - Cure by seller of improper tender or delivery; replacement.
- NRS 104.2509 - Risk of loss in the absence of breach.
- NRS 104.2510 - Effect of breach on risk of loss.
- NRS 104.2511 - Tender of payment by buyer; payment by check.
- NRS 104.2512 - Payment by buyer before inspection.
- NRS 104.2513 - Buyer s right to inspection of goods.
- NRS 104.2514 - When documents deliverable on acceptance; when on payment.
- NRS 104.2515 - Preserving evidence of goods in dispute.
Breach, Repudiation and Excuse
- NRS 104.2601 - Buyer s rights on improper delivery.
- NRS 104.2602 - Manner and effect of rightful rejection.
- NRS 104.2603 - Merchant buyer s duties as to rightfully rejected goods.
- NRS 104.2604 - Buyer s options as to salvage of rightfully rejected goods.
- NRS 104.2605 - Waiver of buyer s objections by failure to particularize.
- NRS 104.2606 - What constitutes acceptance of goods.
- NRS 104.2607 - Effect of acceptance; notice of breach; burden of establishing breach after acceptance; notice of claim or litigation to person answerable over.
- NRS 104.2608 - Revocation of acceptance in whole or in part.
- NRS 104.2609 - Right to adequate assurance of performance.
- NRS 104.2610 - Anticipatory repudiation.
- NRS 104.2611 - Retraction of anticipatory repudiation.
- NRS 104.2612 - Installment contract ; breach.
- NRS 104.2613 - Casualty to identified goods.
- NRS 104.2614 - Substituted performance.
- NRS 104.2615 - Excuse by failure of presupposed conditions.
- NRS 104.2616 - Procedure on notice claiming excuse.
- NRS 104.2701 - Remedies for breach of collateral contracts not impaired.
- NRS 104.2702 - Seller s remedies on discovery of buyer s insolvency.
- NRS 104.2703 - Seller s remedies in general.
- NRS 104.2704 - Seller s right to identify goods to contract notwithstanding breach or to salvage unfinished goods.
- NRS 104.2705 - Seller s stoppage of delivery in transit or otherwise.
- NRS 104.2706 - Seller s resale including contract for resale.
- NRS 104.2707 - Person in the position of a seller.
- NRS 104.2708 - Seller s damages for nonacceptance or repudiation.
- NRS 104.2709 - Action for price.
- NRS 104.2710 - Seller s incidental damages.
- NRS 104.2711 - Buyer s remedies in general; buyer s security interest in rejected goods.
- NRS 104.2712 - Cover ; buyer s procurement of substitute goods.
- NRS 104.2713 - Buyer s damages for nondelivery or repudiation.
- NRS 104.2714 - Buyer s damages for breach in regard to accepted goods.
- NRS 104.2715 - Buyer s incidental and consequential damages.
- NRS 104.2716 - Buyer s right to specific performance or replevin.
- NRS 104.2717 - Deduction of damages from the price.
- NRS 104.2718 - Liquidation or limitation of damages; deposits.
- NRS 104.2719 - Contractual modification or limitation of remedy.
- NRS 104.2720 - Effect of cancellation or rescission on claims for antecedent breach.
- NRS 104.2721 - Remedies for fraud.
- NRS 104.2722 - Who can sue third parties for injury to goods.
- NRS 104.2723 - Proof of market price: Time and place.
- NRS 104.2724 - Admissibility of market quotations.
- NRS 104.2725 - Statute of limitations in contracts for sale.
General Provisions and Definitions
- NRS 104.3101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.3102 - Subject matter.
- NRS 104.3103 - Definitions.
- NRS 104.3104 - Negotiable instrument.
- NRS 104.3105 - Issue of instrument.
- NRS 104.3106 - Unconditional promise or order.
- NRS 104.3107 - Instrument payable in foreign money.
- NRS 104.3108 - Payable on demand or at definite time.
- NRS 104.3109 - Payable to bearer or to order.
- NRS 104.3110 - Identification of person to whom instrument is payable.
- NRS 104.3111 - Place of payment.
- NRS 104.3112 - Interest.
- NRS 104.3113 - Date of instrument.
- NRS 104.3114 - Contradictory terms of instrument.
- NRS 104.3115 - Incomplete instruments.
- NRS 104.3116 - Joint and several liability; contribution.
- NRS 104.3117 - Other agreements affecting instrument.
- NRS 104.3118 - Statute of limitations.
- NRS 104.3119 - Notice of right to defend action.
Negotiation, Transfer and Endorsement
- NRS 104.3201 - Negotiation.
- NRS 104.3202 - Negotiation subject to rescission.
- NRS 104.3203 - Transfer of instrument; rights acquired by transfer.
- NRS 104.3204 - Endorsement.
- NRS 104.3205 - Special endorsement; blank endorsement; anomalous endorsement.
- NRS 104.3206 - Restrictive endorsement.
- NRS 104.3207 - Reacquisition.
Enforcement of Instruments
- NRS 104.3301 - Person entitled to enforce instrument.
- NRS 104.3302 - Holder in due course.
- NRS 104.3303 - Value and consideration.
- NRS 104.3304 - Overdue instrument.
- NRS 104.3305 - Defenses and claims in recoupment.
- NRS 104.3306 - Claims to an instrument.
- NRS 104.3307 - Notice of breach of fiduciary duty.
- NRS 104.3308 - Proof of signatures and status as holder in due course.
- NRS 104.3309 - Enforcement of lost, destroyed or stolen instrument.
- NRS 104.3310 - Effect of instrument on obligation for which taken.
- NRS 104.3311 - Accord and satisfaction by use of instrument.
- NRS 104.3312 - Lost, destroyed or stolen cashier s check, teller s check or certified check.
Liability of Parties
- NRS 104.3401 - Signature.
- NRS 104.3402 - Signature by representative.
- NRS 104.3403 - Unauthorized signature.
- NRS 104.3404 - Impostors; fictitious payees.
- NRS 104.3405 - Employer s responsibility for fraudulent endorsement by employee.
- NRS 104.3406 - Negligence contributing to forged signature or alteration of instrument.
- NRS 104.3407 - Alteration.
- NRS 104.3408 - Drawee not liable on unaccepted draft.
- NRS 104.3409 - Acceptance of draft; certified check.
- NRS 104.3410 - Acceptance varying draft.
- NRS 104.3411 - Refusal to pay cashier s checks, teller s checks and certified checks.
- NRS 104.3412 - Obligation of issuer of note or cashier s check.
- NRS 104.3413 - Obligation of acceptor.
- NRS 104.3414 - Obligation of drawer.
- NRS 104.3415 - Obligation of endorser.
- NRS 104.3416 - Transfer warranties.
- NRS 104.3417 - Presentment warranties.
- NRS 104.3418 - Payment or acceptance by mistake.
- NRS 104.3419 - Instruments signed for accommodation.
- NRS 104.3420 - Conversion of instrument.
- NRS 104.3501 - Presentment.
- NRS 104.3502 - Dishonor.
- NRS 104.3503 - Notice of dishonor.
- NRS 104.3504 - Excused presentment and notice of dishonor.
- NRS 104.3505 - Evidence of dishonor.
Discharge and Payment
- NRS 104.3601 - Discharge and effect of discharge.
- NRS 104.3602 - Payment.
- NRS 104.3603 - Tender of payment.
- NRS 104.3604 - Discharge by cancellation or renunciation.
- NRS 104.3605 - Discharge of endorsers and accommodation parties.
BANK DEPOSITS AND COLLECTIONS
General Provisions and Definitions
- NRS 104.4101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.4102 - Applicability.
- NRS 104.4103 - Variation by agreement; measure of damages; action constituting ordinary care.
- NRS 104.4104 - Definitions and index of definitions.
- NRS 104.4105 - Depositary bank ; payor bank ; intermediary bank ; collecting bank ; presenting bank.
- NRS 104.4106 - Payable through or payable at bank.
- NRS 104.4107 - Separate office of bank.
- NRS 104.4108 - Time of receipt of items.
- NRS 104.4109 - Delays.
- NRS 104.4110 - Electronic presentment.
- NRS 104.4111 - Statute of limitations.
Collection of Items: Depositary and Collecting Banks
- NRS 104.4201 - Status of collecting bank as agent and provisional status of credits; item endorsed pay any bank.
- NRS 104.4202 - Responsibility for collection or return; when action timely.
- NRS 104.4203 - Effect of instructions.
- NRS 104.4204 - Methods of sending and presenting; sending directly to payor bank.
- NRS 104.4205 - Depository bank holder of unendorsed item.
- NRS 104.4206 - Transfer between banks.
- NRS 104.4207 - Transfer warranties.
- NRS 104.4208 - Presentment warranties.
- NRS 104.4209 - Encoding and retention warranties.
- NRS 104.4210 - Security interest of collecting bank in items, accompanying documents and proceeds.
- NRS 104.4211 - When bank gives value for purposes of holder in due course.
- NRS 104.4212 - Presentment by notice of item not payable by, through or at bank; liability of drawer or endorser.
- NRS 104.4213 - Medium and time of settlement by bank.
- NRS 104.4214 - Right of charge-back or refund; liability of collecting bank; return of item.
- NRS 104.4215 - Final payment of item by payor bank; when provisional debits and credits become final; when certain credits become available for withdrawal.
- NRS 104.4216 - Insolvency and preference.
Collection of Items: Payor Banks
- NRS 104.4301 - Deferred posting; recovery of payment by return of items; time of dishonor; return of items by payor bank.
- NRS 104.4302 - Payor bank s responsibility for late return of item.
- NRS 104.4303 - When items subject to notice, stop-payment order, legal process or setoff; order in which items may be charged or certified.
Relationship Between Payor Bank and its Customer
- NRS 104.4401 - When bank may charge customer s account.
- NRS 104.4402 - Bank s liability to customer for wrongful dishonor; time of determining insufficiency of account.
- NRS 104.4403 - Customer s right to stop payment; burden of proof of loss.
- NRS 104.4404 - Bank not obligated to pay check more than 6 months old.
- NRS 104.4405 - Death or incompetence of customer.
- NRS 104.4406 - Customer s duty to discover or report unauthorized signature or alteration.
- NRS 104.4407 - Payor bank s right to subrogation on improper payment.
Collection of Documentary Drafts
- NRS 104.4501 - Handling of documentary drafts; duty to send for presentment and to notify customer of dishonor.
- NRS 104.4502 - Presentment of on arrival drafts.
- NRS 104.4503 - Responsibility of presenting bank for documents and goods; report of reasons for dishonor; referee in case of need.
- NRS 104.4504 - Privilege of presenting bank to deal with goods; security interest for expenses.
LETTERS OF CREDIT
- NRS 104.5101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.5102 - Definitions.
- NRS 104.5103 - Scope.
- NRS 104.5104 - Formal requirements.
- NRS 104.5105 - Consideration.
- NRS 104.5106 - Issuance, amendment, cancellation and duration.
- NRS 104.5107 - Confirmer, nominated person and adviser.
- NRS 104.5108 - Issuer s rights and obligations.
- NRS 104.5109 - Fraud and forgery.
- NRS 104.5110 - Warranties.
- NRS 104.5111 - Remedies.
- NRS 104.5112 - Transfer of letter of credit.
- NRS 104.5113 - Transfer by operation of law.
- NRS 104.5114 - Assignment of proceeds.
- NRS 104.5115 - Statute of limitations.
- NRS 104.5116 - Choice of law and forum.
- NRS 104.5117 - Subrogation of issuer, applicant and nominated person.
- NRS 104.5118 - Security interest of issuer or nominated person.
WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS, BILLS OF LADING AND OTHER DOCUMENTS OF TITLE
- NRS 104.7101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.7102 - Definitions and index of definitions.
- NRS 104.7103 - Relation of Article to treaty or statute.
- NRS 104.7104 - Negotiable and nonnegotiable document of title.
- NRS 104.7105 - Reissuance in alternative medium.
- NRS 104.7106 - Control of electronic document of title.
Warehouse Receipts: Special Provisions
- NRS 104.7201 - Person that may issue warehouse receipt; storage under bond.
- NRS 104.7202 - Form of warehouse receipt; effect of omission.
- NRS 104.7203 - Liability for nonreceipt or misdescription.
- NRS 104.7204 - Duty of care; contractual limitation of warehouse s liability.
- NRS 104.7205 - Title under warehouse receipt defeated in certain cases.
- NRS 104.7206 - Termination of storage at warehouse s option.
- NRS 104.7207 - Goods must be kept separate; fungible goods.
- NRS 104.7208 - Altered warehouse receipts.
- NRS 104.7209 - Lien of warehouse.
- NRS 104.7210 - Enforcement of warehouse s lien.
Bills of Lading: Special Provisions
- NRS 104.7301 - Liability for nonreceipt or misdescription; said to contain ; shipper s weight, load and count ; improper handling.
- NRS 104.7302 - Through bills of lading and similar documents of title.
- NRS 104.7303 - Diversion; reconsignment; change of instructions.
- NRS 104.7304 - Tangible bills of lading in set.
- NRS 104.7305 - Destination bills.
- NRS 104.7306 - Altered bills of lading.
- NRS 104.7307 - Lien of carrier.
- NRS 104.7308 - Enforcement of carrier s lien.
- NRS 104.7309 - Duty of care; contractual limitation of carrier s liability.
Warehouse Receipts and Bills of Lading: General Obligations
- NRS 104.7401 - Irregularities in issue of receipt or bill or conduct of issuer.
- NRS 104.7402 - Duplicate document of title; overissue.
- NRS 104.7403 - Obligation of bailee to deliver; excuse.
- NRS 104.7404 - No liability for good-faith delivery pursuant to document of title.
Warehouse Receipts and Bills of Lading: Negotiation and Transfers
- NRS 104.7501 - Form of negotiation and requirements of due negotiation.
- NRS 104.7502 - Rights acquired by due negotiation.
- NRS 104.7503 - Document of title to goods defeated in certain cases.
- NRS 104.7504 - Rights acquired in absence of due negotiation; effect of diversion; stoppage of delivery.
- NRS 104.7505 - Endorser not guarantor for other parties.
- NRS 104.7506 - Delivery without endorsement; right to compel endorsement.
- NRS 104.7507 - Warranties on negotiation or delivery of document of title.
- NRS 104.7508 - Warranties of collecting bank as to documents of title.
- NRS 104.7509 - Adequate compliance with commercial contract.
Warehouse Receipts and Bills of Lading: Miscellaneous Provisions
- NRS 104.7601 - Lost, stolen or destroyed documents of title.
- NRS 104.7602 - Judicial process against goods covered by negotiable document of title.
- NRS 104.7603 - Conflicting claims; interpleader.
Short Title and General Matters
- NRS 104.8101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.8102 - Definitions.
- NRS 104.8103 - Rules for determining whether certain obligations and interests are securities or financial assets.
- NRS 104.8104 - Acquisition of security or financial asset or interest therein.
- NRS 104.8105 - Notice of adverse claim.
- NRS 104.8106 - Control.
- NRS 104.8107 - Whether endorsement, instruction or entitlement order is effective.
- NRS 104.8108 - Warranties in direct holding.
- NRS 104.8109 - Warranties in indirect holding.
- NRS 104.8110 - Applicability; choice of law.
- NRS 104.8111 - Rules of clearing corporation.
- NRS 104.8112 - Creditor s legal process.
- NRS 104.8113 - Statute of frauds inapplicable.
- NRS 104.8114 - Evidentiary rules concerning certificated securities.
- NRS 104.8115 - Securities intermediary and others not liable to adverse claimant.
- NRS 104.8116 - Securities intermediary as purchaser for value.
Issue and Issuer
- NRS 104.8201 - Issuer.
- NRS 104.8202 - Issuer s responsibility and defenses; notice of defect or defense.
- NRS 104.8203 - Staleness as notice of defect or defense.
- NRS 104.8204 - Effect of issuer s restriction on transfer.
- NRS 104.8205 - Effect of unauthorized signature on security certificate.
- NRS 104.8206 - Completion or alteration of security certificate.
- NRS 104.8207 - Rights and duties of issuer with respect to registered owners.
- NRS 104.8208 - Effect of signature of authenticating trustee, registrar or transfer agent.
- NRS 104.8209 - Issuer s lien.
- NRS 104.8210 - Overissue.
Transfer of Certificated and Uncertificated Securities
- NRS 104.8301 - Delivery.
- NRS 104.8302 - Rights of purchaser.
- NRS 104.8303 - Protected purchaser.
- NRS 104.8304 - Endorsement.
- NRS 104.8305 - Instruction.
- NRS 104.8306 - Effect of guaranteeing signature, endorsement or instruction.
- NRS 104.8307 - Purchaser s right to requisites for registration of transfer.
- NRS 104.8401 - Duty of issuer to register transfer.
- NRS 104.8402 - Assurance that endorsement or instruction is effective.
- NRS 104.8403 - Demand that issuer not register transfer.
- NRS 104.8404 - Wrongful registration.
- NRS 104.8405 - Replacement of lost, destroyed or wrongfully taken security certificate.
- NRS 104.8406 - Obligation to notify issuer of lost, destroyed or wrongfully taken security certificate.
- NRS 104.8407 - Authenticating trustee, transfer agent and registrar.
- NRS 104.8501 - Securities account; acquisition of security entitlement from securities intermediary.
- NRS 104.8502 - Assertion of adverse claim against entitlement holder.
- NRS 104.8503 - Property interest of entitlement holder in financial asset held by securities intermediary.
- NRS 104.8504 - Duty of securities intermediary to maintain financial asset.
- NRS 104.8505 - Duty of securities intermediary with respect to payments and distributions.
- NRS 104.8506 - Duty of securities intermediary to exercise rights as directed by entitlement holder.
- NRS 104.8507 - Duty of securities intermediary to comply with entitlement order.
- NRS 104.8508 - Duty of securities intermediary to change entitlement holder s position to other form of security holding.
- NRS 104.8509 - Specification of duties of securities intermediary by other statute or regulation; manner of performance of duties of securities intermediary and exercise of rights of entitlement holder.
- NRS 104.8510 - Rights of purchaser of security entitlement from entitlement holder.
- NRS 104.8511 - Priority among security interests and entitlement holders.
- NRS 104.9101 - Short title.
- NRS 104.9102 - Definitions and index of definitions.
- NRS 104.9103 - Purchase-money security interest: Circumstances of existence; applicability of payments; burden of establishing.
- NRS 104.9104 - Control of deposit account.
- NRS 104.9105 - Control of electronic chattel paper; employment of system for evidencing transfer of interests in chattel paper.
- NRS 104.9106 - Control of investment property.
- NRS 104.9107 - Control of letter-of-credit right.
- NRS 104.9108 - Sufficiency of descriptions.
- NRS 104.9109 - Scope of applicability.
- NRS 104.9110 - Applicability to security interests arising under Article 2 or 2A.
Effectiveness of Security Agreement; Attachment of Security Interest; Rights of Parties to Security Agreement
- NRS 104.9201 - General effectiveness of security agreement.
- NRS 104.9202 - Title to collateral immaterial.
- NRS 104.9203 - Attachment and enforceability of security interest; proceeds; formal requisites; supporting obligations.
- NRS 104.9204 - After-acquired property; future advances.
- NRS 104.9205 - Use or disposition of collateral permissible.
- NRS 104.9206 - Security interest arising in purchase or delivery of financial asset.
- NRS 104.9207 - Rights and duties of secured party having possession or control of collateral.
- NRS 104.9208 - Additional duties of secured party having control of collateral.
- NRS 104.9209 - Duties of secured party if account debtor has been notified of assignment.
- NRS 104.9210 - Request for accounting; request regarding list of collateral or statement of account.
Perfection and Priority
- NRS 104.9301 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of security interests.
- NRS 104.9302 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of agricultural liens.
- NRS 104.9303 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of security interests in goods covered by certificate of title.
- NRS 104.9304 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of security interests in deposit accounts.
- NRS 104.9305 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of security interests in investment property.
- NRS 104.9306 - Determination of law governing perfection and priority of security interests in letter-of-credit rights.
- NRS 104.9307 - Location of debtor.
- NRS 104.9308 - When security interest or agricultural lien is perfected; continuity of perfection.
- NRS 104.9309 - Security interest perfected upon attachment.
- NRS 104.9310 - When filing required to perfect security interest or agricultural lien; security interests and agricultural liens to which filing provisions do not apply.
- NRS 104.9311 - Perfection of security interests in property subject to certain statutes, regulations and treaties.
- NRS 104.9312 - Perfection of security interests in chattel paper, deposit accounts, documents, goods covered by documents, instruments, investment property, letter-of-credit rights and money; perfection by permissive filing; temporary perfection without filing or transfer of possession.
- NRS 104.9313 - When possession by or delivery to secured party perfects security interest without filing.
- NRS 104.9314 - Perfection by control.
- NRS 104.9315 - Secured party s rights on disposition of collateral and in proceeds.
- NRS 104.9316 - Continued perfection of security interest following change in governing law.
- NRS 104.9317 - Interests that take priority over or take free of unperfected security interest or agricultural lien.
- NRS 104.9318 - No interest retained in right to payment that is sold; rights and title of seller of account or chattel paper with respect to creditors and purchasers.
- NRS 104.9319 - Rights and title of consignee with respect to creditors and purchasers.
- NRS 104.9320 - Protection of certain buyers of goods.
- NRS 104.9321 - Protection of licensee of general intangible and lessee of goods in ordinary course of business.
- NRS 104.9322 - Priorities among conflicting security interests in and agricultural liens on same collateral.
- NRS 104.9323 - Future advances.
- NRS 104.9324 - Priority of purchase-money security interests.
- NRS 104.9325 - Priority of security interests in transferred collateral.
- NRS 104.9326 - Priority of security interests created by new debtor.
- NRS 104.9327 - Priority among conflicting security interests in same deposit account.
- NRS 104.9328 - Priority among conflicting security interests in same investment property.
- NRS 104.9329 - Priority among conflicting security interests in same letter-of-credit right.
- NRS 104.9330 - Priority of purchaser of chattel paper or instrument.
- NRS 104.9331 - Priority of rights of purchasers of instruments, documents and securities under other articles; priority of interests in financial assets and security entitlements under article 8.
- NRS 104.9332 - Effect of transfer of money; effect of transfer of funds from deposit account.
- NRS 104.9333 - Priority of certain possessory liens arising by operation of law.
- NRS 104.9334 - Priority of security interests in fixtures and crops.
- NRS 104.9335 - Accessions.
- NRS 104.9336 - Commingled goods.
- NRS 104.9337 - Priority of security interests in goods covered by certificate of title.
- NRS 104.9338 - Priority of security interest or agricultural lien perfected by filed financing statement providing certain incorrect information.
- NRS 104.9339 - Priority subject to subordination by agreement.
- NRS 104.9340 - Effectiveness of right of recoupment or setoff against deposit account.
- NRS 104.9341 - Bank s rights and duties with respect to deposit account.
- NRS 104.9342 - Bank s right to refuse to enter into or disclose existence of control agreement.
Rights of Third Parties
- NRS 104.9401 - Alienability of debtor s rights.
- NRS 104.9402 - Secured party not obligated in contract of debtor or in tort.
- NRS 104.9403 - Agreement not to assert defenses against assignee.
- NRS 104.9404 - Rights acquired by assignee; claims and defenses against assignee.
- NRS 104.9405 - Modification of or substitution for assigned contract.
- NRS 104.9406 - Discharge of account debtor; notification of assignment; identification and proof of assignment; restrictions on assignment of accounts, chattel paper, payment intangibles and promissory notes ineffective.
- NRS 104.9407 - Restrictions on assignment, transfer, creation or enforcement of security interest in leasehold interest or in lessor s residual interest.
- NRS 104.9408 - Restrictions on assignment or transfer of promissory notes, health-care insurance receivables and certain general intangibles ineffective.
- NRS 104.9409 - Restrictions on assignment of letter-of-credit rights ineffective.
- NRS 104.9501 - Filing office.
- NRS 104.9502 - Contents of financing statement; record of mortgage as financing statement; time of filing financing statement.
- NRS 104.9503 - Name of debtor and secured party provided in financing statement.
- NRS 104.9504 - Indication of collateral in financing statement.
- NRS 104.9505 - Filing of financing statement in compliance with other statutes and treaties for consignments, leases, other bailments and other transactions.
- NRS 104.9506 - Effect of errors or omissions in financing statement.
- NRS 104.9507 - Effect of certain events on effectiveness of financing statement.
- NRS 104.9508 - Effectiveness of financing statement if new debtor becomes bound by security agreement.
- NRS 104.9509 - Persons entitled to file record.
- NRS 104.9510 - Effectiveness of filed record.
- NRS 104.9511 - Secured party of record.
- NRS 104.9512 - Amendment of financing statement.
- NRS 104.9513 - Termination statement.
- NRS 104.9514 - Assignment of certain powers of secured party of record.
- NRS 104.9515 - Duration and effectiveness of financing statement; effect of lapsed financing statement.
- NRS 104.9516 - What constitutes filing; effectiveness of filing.
- NRS 104.9517 - Effect of indexing errors.
- NRS 104.9518 - Claim concerning inaccurate record, wrongfully filed record or record filed by person not entitled to do so: Filing of information statement.
- NRS 104.9519 - Numbering, maintaining and indexing records; communicating information provided in records.
- NRS 104.9520 - Acceptance and refusal to accept record.
- NRS 104.9521 - Acceptance of certain written records including initial financing statements by filing office; format of written records.
- NRS 104.9522 - Maintenance and destruction of records.
- NRS 104.9523 - Information from filing office; sale or license of records.
- NRS 104.9524 - Excused delay by filing office.
- NRS 104.9525 - Fees.
- NRS 104.9526 - Filing-office rules.
- NRS 104.9527 - Duty of Secretary of State to report.
- NRS 104.9601 - Rights after default; judicial enforcement; effect on consignor or buyer of accounts, chattel paper, payment intangibles or promissory notes.
- NRS 104.9602 - Waiver and variance of rights and duties of debtor and obligor.
- NRS 104.9603 - Agreement on standards concerning rights and duties of parties.
- NRS 104.9604 - Procedure if security agreement covers real property or fixtures.
- NRS 104.9605 - Duty to unknown debtor or secondary obligor.
- NRS 104.9606 - Time of default for agricultural lien.
- NRS 104.9607 - Collection and enforcement by secured party.
- NRS 104.9608 - Application of proceeds of collection or enforcement; liability for deficiency and right to surplus.
- NRS 104.9609 - Secured party s right to take possession or dispose of collateral after default.
- NRS 104.9610 - Disposition of collateral after default.
- NRS 104.9611 - Notification before disposition of collateral.
- NRS 104.9612 - Timeliness of notification before disposition of collateral.
- NRS 104.9613 - Contents and form of notification before disposition of collateral: General.
- NRS 104.9614 - Contents and form of notification before disposition of collateral: Consumer-goods transaction.
- NRS 104.9615 - Application of proceeds of disposition; liability for deficiency and right to surplus.
- NRS 104.9616 - Explanation of calculation of surplus or deficiency.
- NRS 104.9617 - Effect of disposition of collateral by secured party after default; rights of transferee regarding collateral.
- NRS 104.9618 - Rights and duties of certain secondary obligors.
- NRS 104.9619 - Transfer of record or legal title.
- NRS 104.9620 - Acceptance of collateral in full or partial satisfaction of obligation; compulsory disposition of collateral.
- NRS 104.9621 - Notification of proposal to accept collateral in satisfaction of obligation.
- NRS 104.9622 - Effect of acceptance of collateral in satisfaction of obligation.
- NRS 104.9623 - Redemption of collateral.
- NRS 104.9624 - Waiver of right to notification of disposition of collateral; waiver of right to redeem collateral.
- NRS 104.9625 - Remedies for secured party s failure to comply with article.
- NRS 104.9626 - Action in which deficiency or surplus is in issue.
- NRS 104.9627 - Determination of whether conduct was commercially reasonable.
- NRS 104.9628 - Nonliability and limitation on liability of secured party; liability of secondary obligor.
Transitional Provisions Regarding 2001 Amendments
- NRS 104.9702 - Applicability of amendatory provisions to preexisting transactions, liens, actions, cases and proceedings.
- NRS 104.9703 - Security interest perfected before July 1, 2001.
- NRS 104.9704 - Security interest unperfected before July 1, 2001.
- NRS 104.9705 - Effectiveness of action taken before July 1, 2001.
- NRS 104.9706 - When initial financing statement suffices to continue effectiveness of financing statement filed before July 1, 2001.
- NRS 104.9707 - Persons entitled to file initial financing statement or continuation statement.
- NRS 104.9708 - Determination of priority of conflicting claims to collateral.
- NRS 104.9709 - Effectiveness, amendment and termination of financing statement filed before July 1, 2001.
Transitional Provisions Regarding 2013 Amendments
- NRS 104.9710 - Applicability of amendatory provisions to preexisting transactions, liens, actions, cases and proceedings.
- NRS 104.9711 - Security interest perfected before July 1, 2013.
- NRS 104.9712 - Security interest unperfected before July 1, 2013.
- NRS 104.9713 - Effectiveness of action taken before July 1, 2013.
- NRS 104.9714 - When initial financing statement suffices to continue effectiveness of financing statement filed before July 1, 2013.
- NRS 104.9715 - Effectiveness, amendment and termination of financing statement filed before July 1, 2013.
- NRS 104.9716 - Persons entitled to file initial financing statement or continuation statement.
- NRS 104.9717 - Determination of priority of conflicting claims to collateral.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.