2011 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 458 - Abuse of Alcohol and Drugs
NRS 458.300 - Eligibility for assignment to program of treatment.

NV Rev Stat § 458.300 (2011) What's This?

Subject to the provisions of NRS 458.290 to 458.350, inclusive, an alcoholic or a drug addict who has been convicted of a crime is eligible to elect to be assigned by the court to a program of treatment for the abuse of alcohol or drugs pursuant to NRS 453.580 before he or she is sentenced unless:

1. The crime is:

(a) A crime against the person punishable as a felony or gross misdemeanor as provided in chapter 200 of NRS;

(b) A crime against a child as defined in NRS 179D.0357;

(c) A sexual offense as defined in NRS 179D.097; or

(d) An act which constitutes domestic violence as set forth in NRS 33.018;

2. The crime is that of trafficking of a controlled substance;

3. The crime is a violation of NRS 484C.110, 484C.120, 484C.130 or 484C.430;

4. The alcoholic or drug addict has a record of two or more convictions of a crime described in subsection 1 or 2, a similar crime in violation of the laws of another state, or of three or more convictions of any felony;

5. Other criminal proceedings alleging commission of a felony are pending against the alcoholic or drug addict;

6. The alcoholic or drug addict is on probation or parole and the appropriate parole or probation authority does not consent to the election; or

7. The alcoholic or drug addict elected and was admitted, pursuant to NRS 458.290 to 458.350, inclusive, to a program of treatment not more than twice within the preceding 5 years.

(Added to NRS by 1975, 971; A 1981, 1331; 1983, 1089; 1985, 1751; 1987, 962, 1553; 1993, 1235; 1995, 235; 1999, 3408; 2005, 171, 2880; 2007, 2778, 2811)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.