2011 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 385 - State Administrative Organization
NRS 385.007 - Definitions.
As used in this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. Charter school means a public school that is formed pursuant to the provisions of NRS 386.490 to 386.610, inclusive.
2. Department means the Department of Education.
3. Homeschooled child means a child who receives instruction at home and who is exempt from compulsory attendance pursuant to NRS 392.070.
4. Limited English proficient has the meaning ascribed to it in 20 U.S.C. 7801(25).
5. Public schools means all kindergartens and elementary schools, junior high schools and middle schools, high schools, charter schools and any other schools, classes and educational programs which receive their support through public taxation and, except for charter schools, whose textbooks and courses of study are under the control of the State Board.
6. State Board means the State Board of Education.
7. University school for profoundly gifted pupils has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 392A.040.
(Added to NRS by 1979, 1563; A 1997, 1840; 1999, 3289; 2003, 2958; 2003, 19th Special Session, 34; 2005, 2428)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.