2011 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 236 - Holidays and Periods of Observance
NRS 236.073 - Week of Respect.
1. The Governor shall annually proclaim the first week in October to be Week of Respect.
2. The proclamation may call upon:
(a) News media, educators and appropriate government offices to bring to the attention of the residents of Nevada factual information regarding bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment and intimidation in schools, including, without limitation:
(1) Statistical information regarding the number of pupils who are bullied, cyber-bullied, harassed or intimidated in schools each year;
(2) The methods to identify and assist pupils who are at risk of bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment or intimidation; and
(3) The methods to prevent bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment and intimidation in schools; and
(b) School districts to provide instruction on the ways in which pupils can prevent bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment and intimidation during the Week of Respect and throughout the school year that is appropriate for the grade level of pupils who receive the instruction.
3. As used in this section:
(a) Bullying has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 388.122.
(b) Cyber-bullying has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 388.123.
(c) Harassment has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 388.125.
(d) Intimidation has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 388.129.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 2247)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.