2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 8 COMMERCIAL INSTRUMENTS AND TRANSACTIONS
Chapter 104 Uniform Commercial Code — Original Articles
NRS 104.9328 Priority among conflicting security interests in same investment property.
NRS 104.9328 Priority among conflicting security interests in same investment property. The following rules govern priority among conflicting security interests in the same investment property:
1. A security interest held by a secured party having control of investment property under NRS 104.9106 has priority over a security interest held by a secured party that does not have control of the investment property.
2. A security interest in a certificated security in registered form which is perfected by taking delivery under subsection 1 of NRS 104.9313 and not by control under NRS 104.9314 has priority over a conflicting security interest perfected by a method other than control.
3. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 4 and 5, conflicting security interests held by secured parties each of which has control under NRS 104.9106 rank according to priority in time of:
(a) If the collateral is a security, obtaining control;
(b) If the collateral is a security entitlement carried in a securities account:
(1) The secured party's becoming the person for which the securities account is maintained, if the secured party obtained control under paragraph (a) of subsection 4 of NRS 104.8106;
(2) The securities intermediary's agreement to comply with the secured party's entitlement orders with respect to security entitlements carried or to be carried in the securities account, if the secured party obtained control under paragraph (b) of that subsection; or
(3) If the secured party obtained control through another person under paragraph (c) of that subsection, the time on which priority would be based under this paragraph if the other person were the secured party; or
(c) If the collateral is a commodity contract carried with a commodity intermediary, the satisfaction of the requirement for control specified in paragraph (b) of subsection 2 of NRS 104.9106 with respect to commodity contracts carried or to be carried with the commodity intermediary.
4. A security interest held by a securities intermediary in a security entitlement or a securities account maintained with the securities intermediary has priority over a conflicting security interest held by another secured party.
5. A security interest held by a commodity intermediary in a commodity contract or a commodity account maintained with the commodity intermediary has priority over a conflicting security interest held by another secured party.
6. Conflicting security interests granted by a broker, securities intermediary or commodity intermediary which are perfected without control under NRS 104.9106 rank equally.
7. In all other cases, priority among conflicting security interests in investment property is governed by NRS 104.9322 and 104.9323.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 317)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.